Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Bilsteins Snapped

Old 12-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Bilsteins Snapped

I did a little mudding today with my quad. Decided to get the Tacoma dirty as well. Had a blast going through foot deep or so mud and water with Taco. I decide to finish up and drive back to my camp and on the way back I hit a pot hole full of water witch apparently was to deep. I launched the Tacoma up in the air and snapped the drivers side shock and bent the stock A-arms. I hope that is my only problem. The truck is at the dealer now. Im scared

Old 12-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
OUCH, thats crazy, hope nothing else is fucked up
Old 12-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
oh damn... Thats NO good
Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap -- I hope the damage isn't too bad -- and don't let them remove your lugnuts... lol
Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
holy crap -- I hope the damage isn't too bad -- and don't let them remove your lugnuts... lol
Yeah no joke. I have had some bad luck lately.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
glad youre ok and that the damage seems minimal...

but this is why i have SAWs and not adj bilsteins or toytec adj coilovers...theyre a lot bigger at the mount points
Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #8

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
SAW's? You guys think the 5100's would hold up stronger than the stock shocks? Trying to figure out what i should replace them with. Don't want to spend over 1k for new Shocks and A-arms.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
glad youre ok and that the damage seems minimal...

but this is why i have SAWs and not adj bilsteins or toytec adj coilovers...theyre a lot bigger at the mount points
good point -- maybe a good time to upgrade to some nice C/Os

EDIT: oops -- too late... lol
Old 12-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
SAW's? You guys think the 5100's would hold up stronger than the stock shocks? Trying to figure out what i should replace them with. Don't want to spend over 1k for new Shocks and A-arms.
SAWs are Sway-A-Way Racerunner Adjustable coilovers...

theyre going to hold up better than the 5100s, but im not sure how much (if any) stronger the 5100s are than stock bilsteins
Old 12-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
Mayor of TW

Quote:
not sure if the 5100s will hold up better or not...

For 1k, there isn't much out there in the form of a C/O and UCA combo -- cheapest C/O I've seen is the Toytec, but it's the 5100s.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not the first time I have seen the OEM shocks break. The 5100's will be plenty strong. Just about any shock will be stronger than the OEM Bilstiens.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #13
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Full auto "submit" button
Old 12-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #14
Mayor of TW

Quote:
SAWs are Sway-A-Way Racerunner Adjustable coilovers...
And my Camburgs are built by SAW.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
not sure if the 5100s will hold up better or not...

For 1k, there isn't much out there in the form of a C/O and UCA combo -- cheapest C/O I've seen is the Toytec, but it's the 5100s.
toytecs coilovers

SAWs

My SAWS
Old 12-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #16

Quote:
toytecs coilovers

SAWs

My SAWS
Yes, but the OEM shocks (the part that broke above) are hollow, where as the OME, Bilstien 5100's, etc, are solid.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yes, but the OEM shocks (the part that broke above) are hollow, where as the OME, Bilstien 5100's, etc, are solid.
thats good to know...tho i think i knew OME's stuff was...notice i didnt include it in my comparison
Old 12-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #18

Quote:
thats good to know...tho i think i knew OME's stuff was...notice i didnt include it in my comparison
Yeah. To what degree of strenghth over OEM, Im not sure, but I have jumped my truck and all is still well.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yeah. To what degree of strenghth over OEM, Im not sure, but I have jumped my truck and all is still well.
even tho those shafts are solid compared to the hollow oem ones...i'd still prefer to have them as wide as they can be...just because...im all about overbuilt
Old 12-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #20

Quote:
even tho those shafts are solid compared to the hollow oem ones...i'd still prefer to have them as wide as they can be...just because...im all about overbuilt
"overbuilt" or will they just break someplace else?