Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #2521
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #2522
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Last night.. peaked out at 3,400 Feet..

FS37, Glacier, WA

Proof that you can have just as much fun in the mountains/snow without having $5k in lights, hot water shower and gourmet food!!
What did you uses for heat in the RTT?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #2523
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
What did you uses for heat in the RTT?
Mr. Buddy heater, and a good 10 degree sleeping bag..
Old 02-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #2524
Dr. Frankenstien
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Putting them on my roof rack as side lights for camping/ hunting set up/ reverse lights

be nice for that. I have two in my mirrors and two for reverse ones. Work great for little fill lights.

i have the 21 s from Blitz for side fill lights though..they work good for that too.

and the blitzpro 3lrs for rear fills/ camp lights. Works great too.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #2525
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
be nice for that. I have two in my mirrors and two for reverse ones. Work great for little fill lights.

i have the 21 s from Blitz for side fill lights though..they work good for that too.

Ya thanks, that's all I really need them for. I don't need them to light up 200ft away just around my truck at night after looking at the pics of your truck that's when I made my decision to go with those
Old 02-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #2526
Quantum731 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Quantum731's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Mr. Buddy heater, and a good 10 degree sleeping bag..
Mr. Buddy heater is a great piece of equipment...
Old 03-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #2527
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Putting them on my roof rack as side lights for camping/ hunting set up/ reverse lights

Quote:

Did this to mine a while back and the left right & rear lights are the most useful mod I've ever seen. You won't realize how nice they are till you have em

Old 03-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #2528
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So I had another productive weekend
Finished up my platform and drawer/ table version 2.0

Should hold a couple more camping chairs and misc stuff along with my roll up table and tarp awning shown here

With room for my bedding up front

It was tax free day in town and I had a gift card to the local outdoor store. So I picked up this table I ended up only paying $30 for it with the discount no sales tax and a the grift card

Now on to my DIY awning

THis was just a test run nothing was really tight. When I go to use it, it will be a whole lot tighter and better attached

All rolled up and attached to the roof rack if I want to keel it there

And it will fit inside the cover with the table

Finally I got pretty much everything I will need to wire up all my roof rack lights and back up camera. Also going to put a 12v constant outlet in the bed near my factor bed plug
Old 03-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #2529
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, dude!
You've got quite the shop to work in, I'm jealous!
Suggestion: You might consider making those wooden fold-out legs for your storage bin/table adjustable so you can make the table level if you're parked on a slope, unless those are just the prototypes for something else.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #2530

No I was prob just going to go with those. I was thinking about maybe trying to find a old ez up an steal those legs to make it adjustable. What would you use?
Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #2531
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No I was prob just going to go with those. I was thinking about maybe trying to find a old ez up an steal those legs to make it adjustable. What would you use?
I don't know if it would work with your current attachment point, but you could try finding some cheap used tripod with adjustable telescoping legs that you could rip apart for just the legs. There's probably something else out there that's actually meant for this, but that's the simplest thing I can think of off the top of my head.
My other idea was like the old jack stands where you could take two pipes, one that fits inside the other and have a pin that goes through two holes in the larger diameter pipe to stop the smaller diameter one and just have multiple holes. But then you run the risk of losing the pin!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #2532
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.mcmaster.com/#aluminum-te...raming/=qxhgfl

or
http://www.mcmaster.com/#square-tele...raming/=qxhgyc
Old 03-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #2533
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
and here are the inserts for them http://www.mcmaster.com/#tube-connector-buttons/=qxhhfg
Old 03-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #2534
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I had another productive weekend
Finished up my platform and drawer/ table version 2.0

Should hold a couple more camping chairs and misc stuff along with my roll up table and tarp awning shown here

With room for my bedding up front

It was tax free day in town and I had a gift card to the local outdoor store. So I picked up this table I ended up only paying $30 for it with the discount no sales tax and a the grift card

I have that same table and I found that stuff slides around on the top of it pretty easy. I fixed that by spraying plastidip on the table top and now stuff doesn't slide on the table anymore
Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #2535
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally I got pretty much everything I will need to wire up all my roof rack lights and back up camera. Also going to put a 12v constant outlet in the bed near my factor bed plug
Thats quite a nice basket of electrical goodies... where did you go to buy all that fun blue sea stuff?

Also, noob question here. I'm getting ready to add the fuse block myself, what's the purpose of the circuit breaker? Is it necessary? I see some folks run it, but many do not.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #2536
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Thats quite a nice basket of electrical goodies... where did you go to buy all that fun blue sea stuff?

Also, noob question here. I'm getting ready to add the fuse block myself, what's the purpose of the circuit breaker? Is it necessary? I see some folks run it, but many do not.
You should always run either a breaker or a large fuse as close to the battery as possible. I think if you are not seeing the breaker in some setups, there is a fuse somewhere.

Edit - Here is mine, not the cleanest setup, but you get the point.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #2537
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Plus the fuse box itself is only rated at 100 amps IIRC so that is a way to prevent yourself from overloading the box. If you didn't have that and were running all your accessories you might fry it up. Where with the circuit breaker it would just pop.

My setup:
Old 03-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #2538
Dr. Frankenstien
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

seeing as the blue sea boxes are only rated for 100 amps..yes.you should have a 100amp fuse or breaker for the main power wire for the fuse block.

and any power wire you add you will want to add a fuse or breaker.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #2539
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
seeing as the blue sea boxes are only rated for 100 amps..yes.you should have a 100amp fuse or breaker for the main power wire for the fuse block.

and any power wire you add you will want to add a fuse or breaker.
Beat ya! lol
Old 03-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #2540
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Clean setup there Pete, I need to redo mine at some point and make a platform like you got there and get everything off of the stock fuse box. Everything works great, but not the most well setup.

Products Discussed in this Thread