Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #2521
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, man! That looks so cool to explore!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #2522
hiwasseetaco is on a distinguished road
hiwasseetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #2523
Milota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quintin
Milota95's Tacoma Gallery
My lock an roll hitch finally came today.. 2 day shipping means 8 days postal service is
Old 02-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #2524
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Thought I would post this here as it seemed like some of you would find this useful

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/TopoCharger/
Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #2525
nvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
nvwiggins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Thought I would post this here as it seemed like some of you would find this useful

Woah that's cool, I like the Gaia GPS app better than the Trimble app, but that's a pretty sweet idea.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:26 AM   #2526
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Thanks!!! Put myself on the list to be notified when released. I currently use an iPad Mini with Bad Elf and some nav apps in the truck but this looks very nice!!! Threw a pic of current setup. The Trimble sled looks cool for trail/research use.

Anxious to try it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread-gps_mini.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #2527
Milota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilota95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Now its rollin

Old 02-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #2529

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Are you making a build thread with the trailor?
right here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...ler-build.html
Old 02-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #2530
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
Thanks!!! Put myself on the list to be notified when released. I currently use an iPad Mini with Bad Elf and some nav apps in the truck but this looks very nice!!! Threw a pic of current setup. The Trimble sled looks cool for trail/research use.

Anxious to try it!!

How do you have your mini mounted?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #2531
nvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
nvwiggins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbraunphoto View Post

This is how mine is mounted. Just a Ram mount with a brace I made to keep vibration down.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #2532
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbraunphoto View Post
I have it mounted in a www.proclipusa.com holder. The bracket was custom fabbed but they make two for the Tacoma -- my iPhone is in a ProClip holder on the console.

I really do like the ProClip product!!
Old 02-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #2533
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
That pro clip is pretty damn cool. Does it take around at all, or is it pretty sturdy? I'm looking for a mount for my Note 3 which is pretty massive for a phone.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #2534

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
That pro clip is pretty damn cool. Does it take around at all, or is it pretty sturdy? I'm looking for a mount for my Note 3 which is pretty massive for a phone.
Yes, the iPad Mini is held very sturdy - but to be fair it doesn't weigh much - the iPad Mini Retina is a nice unit I am happy with. The ProClip for the phone is one I have used in two different places for about three years and LOVE it!! It supports the phone at the bottom with pressure and on the Mini it contacts in three places for good hold.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:19 AM   #2535
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
Yes, the iPad Mini is held very sturdy - but to be fair it doesn't weigh much - the iPad Mini Retina is a nice unit I am happy with. The ProClip for the phone is one I have used in two different places for about three years and LOVE it!! It supports the phone at the bottom with pressure and on the Mini it contacts in three places for good hold.

Thanks. I think i'm going to get it. I like that it's out of the way not on the window or dash, and it looks like if you tighten that center bolt it will lock the holder in the position you want which would be nice for offroad.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #2536
UTdez23 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jesse
UTdez23's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Awning Install

Hi All - I figured this would be a good thread to ask a question/issue I am having with installing my 6.5' ARB awning to my roof rack. I searched the site and hadn't seen any dedicated threads about awnings, if anyone has links to better threads then thank you.

So the awning came with (6) 20mm bolts & my lock nuts. According to the instructions the aluminum mounting extrusion on the back of the awning is supposed to hold the heads of the bolts "captive" so you are able to tighten the nuts. My plan is to attach metal "L" brackets to the mounting extrusion, then the "L" brackets to my roof rack. Pictures here:

However when trying to tighten the nuts the head spins in the channel after it begins torquing a bit harder. So the heads seem like they are just a bit too small to function as I believe they should according to the instructions. Is there anything I am missing? Has anyone else who has the ARB awning had this issue or know what the issue might be?

I really appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance!

Oh, and here's a pic of the truck for reference

Cheers,
Old 02-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #2539
UTdez23 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jesse
UTdez23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Replace nylock nuts with regular nuts and lock washers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Get a large head bolt
10-4, makes sense! Just thought I'd double check to see if there wasn't something I was missing. Interesting they'd include bolts that don't actually work as needed.

I appreciate the response all, thank you.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #2540
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTdez23 View Post

However when trying to tighten the nuts the head spins in the channel after it begins torquing a bit harder. So the heads seem like they are just a bit too small to function as I believe they should according to the instructions. Is there anything I am missing? Has anyone else who has the ARB awning had this issue or know what the issue might be?
Looks like you could put a washer between the bolt head and the rail too.

I'd probably end up jamming a flathead screwdriver in there if I couldn't fit a wrench in for tightening.

Products Discussed in this Thread