Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #21
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
If I were offroad more than on I'd have that size in a heartbeat. Just can't justify 33s for looks ha gotta actually need em. Maybe someday I'll be cool and run two sets like ^
The 255/85/16 BFG KM2s for fun & 245/75/16 Dungflops for commuting. Swapping takes about 40 min and saves both gas & off road rubber.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
heres mine.....building it to make a 2014 trip cross country to colorado,utah,moab to wheel....gonna try to finish her by winter and build a trailer next year to match.....on june 9th ill be getting my custom roof and bed racks from "overland offroad" (colinb17) and will be switching from my 255-80-17km2's to 315-70-17 km2's for added clearence...will be regearing to 4.56 with arb in the rear...along with a new winch and some other odds and ends....probly switch my rear bumper out for a high clearence wrap around style....and questions or advice please ask/tell....if you wanna know more chk out my build page...

Old 05-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #23
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Why the change in tire size out of curiosity?
Old 05-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #25
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Very nice! Why the change in tire size out of curiosity?
thank you i love the tall skinnys but ive been many places where our long wheel bases have been my down fall and an extra inch or 2 in clearence would make all the difference...and im under geared with 33's and all the extra weight from armor and gear the truck dont like big hills and when i build my trailer it wont be happy at all....so im gonna go 4.56's with 35's and the gearing will be alittle taller then stock and ill have the extra height im looking for....dont get me wrong i "love" my tall skinnys
Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #26
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fair enough ha sounds good to me. If I actually wheeled as much as I wish I did I would go all out, money is no object kind of thing, but it's a practicality thing that holds me back, not the dough. I got the bug early on and had all these plans then reason sat in and I pouted as I realized I have absolutely no need for it all .

As far as wheel base goes I just found this 08 reg cab 5 speed for sale and I have to say, even with my new truck, I am very very tempted. Smaller pay off and less gas cost means more mods/trips, yes?
Also funny because I just mentioned above that if that white reg cab was an access cab it'd be perfect for me and now I'm debating on this truck. . .
Old 05-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #28

Get an old pre taco pickup for that
Old 05-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #29
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacovendor View Post
Here is my 2010 Regular cab

You sir are my inspiration to do a lot of this to my sc
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #30
sprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sprocketdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
heres mine.....building it to make a 2014 trip cross country to colorado,utah,moab to wheel....gonna try to finish her by winter and build a trailer next year to match.....on june 9th ill be getting my custom roof and bed racks from "overland offroad" (colinb17) and will be switching from my 255-80-17km2's to 315-70-17 km2's for added clearence...will be regearing to 4.56 with arb in the rear...along with a new winch and some other odds and ends....probly switch my rear bumper out for a high clearence wrap around style....and questions or advice please ask/tell....if you wanna know more chk out my build page...

Looking good
Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #33
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking rigs guys

Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #34
AnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura about

AnotherSilverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Sub'd
Old 05-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #35
Madoublet24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Madoublet24's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #36
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
The weather cooperated with me today and I got some pics. Takes about 10 minutes to setup or take down. I still need to do a thorough cleanup of the canvas and shell.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #37
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Building a hybrid . Desert / overland . Need to start buying more overland gear though .
Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #38
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacovendor View Post
Here is my 2010 Regular cab

Old 05-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
The weather cooperated with me today and I got some pics. Takes about 10 minutes to setup or take down. I still need to do a thorough cleanup of the canvas and shell.

thats awesome camper top man.......climb in the bed to get changed and out of the elements an still be able to climb up to a dry bed...very badass for camping and exploring...if i didnt wheel so much and as hard i would be all over one of those
Old 05-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #40

I definitely like that you can stand up in the bed of the truck AND have a place to sleep up and out of the way. Way better than being cramped in a tiny little thing. That's awesome man^

Products Discussed in this Thread