Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2014, 12:30 AM   #3981
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
want to have some real fun, cut the legs of your sliders off at the frame, weld in a receiving post in its place and use quick release pins to retain them. Add some dimple died plates to the top and some tabs to the bottom and now you have 6 foot slider/sand ladder/gap bridging all in one nice compact package. Just don't bend them or they may never go back in the receivers.
Now thats an Idea. Would really take some over engineered sliders to work though. Not to mention, I already wanted to make my sliders Air Tank sliders. Could put quick connect fittings on the inside of the hitch/esque connectors with a small length of hose.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #3982
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Now thats an Idea. Would really take some over engineered sliders to work though. Not to mention, I already wanted to make my sliders Air Tank sliders. Could put quick connect fittings on the inside of the hitch/esque connectors with a small length of hose.
I think some super heavy gauge pipe could work well for removing them
But I wouldn't try air tank sliders- they're there to get slammed, scraped and bashed on rocks. You'd never do that to a regular air tank or risk blowing a hole outta one without warning. Bashing them on the outside + corrosion from condensed water on the inside will not end well down the road

Just my two cents. I considered it before too
Old 08-05-2014, 06:09 AM   #3983
Lou Slink is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Lou Slink's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Good stuff in here!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #3984
Lou Slink is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Lou Slink's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=george2pak;8861845]

Badass rig, man! Love your set-up.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #3985
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Hey i know a few of you guys tow trailers in here, any input on this thread I made?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...g-trailer.html
Old 08-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #3986
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I need some advice
Ive got 5 days left before I leave for my hunting trip
I've only got 600 lb rate springs up front and deaver leaf springs with full skids so I'm already overloaded....

Our spot is about 600 miles away and we'll be there with zero infrastructure for up to ten days

Not sure how to pack extremely light for ten days... I'm thinking I'll have to take a trailer to pack up camp.

This was much easier before we sold the motor home with a fridge haha
Old 08-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #3987
Whiskey Throttle FTW!
NoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 485th MP Company
Name: Scott
NoTown98Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Hey guys I need some advice
Ive got 5 days left before I leave for my hunting trip
I've only got 600 lb rate springs up front and deaver leaf springs with full skids so I'm already overloaded....

Our spot is about 600 miles away and we'll be there with zero infrastructure for up to ten days

Not sure how to pack extremely light for ten days... I'm thinking I'll have to take a trailer to pack up camp.

This was much easier before we sold the motor home with a fridge haha
Old 08-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #3989
firemaniac is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Chris
firemaniac's Tacoma Gallery
If you can get an RV up there, take a trailer, you can have less worry about the truck, and be more comfortable.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #3990
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Are the skids going to be needed? Can take those off to lighten the load
Old 08-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #3991
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take those skids
Old 08-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #3992
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #3993
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
While taking the skids off would save a couple pounds.... I JUST put them on.
With loctite.
And cranked everything down to PFT torque rating.

After laying everything out and seeing the mess...
We've decided not to partake in MRE constipation and were just gonna throw the Rhino on the trailer & pack up, then set up my bed tent and shower hut and leave it all parked at camp.
Soon soon I'll have my RTT over a bed rack
Old 08-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #3994
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Dirt TuRD;9000084]
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post

Badass rig, man! Love your set-up.
thank you!
Old 08-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #3995
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I found my next years Overland Expo outfit to fit in.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #3996
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up 2 hotcore T-200 sleeping bags, haven't seen to many reviews on them but seem to be good quality, rated for -10*C, smallest pack I've seen, and only 3lb, trying to get out for a night this weekend to test them out
Old 09-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #3997
SGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant future

Name: Cap
SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
Ready for the RTT install. Only a few more days.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #3998
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone make their own maps when overlanding? all i want to do is draw on google maps my route, but its wayyyyyy too full of b.s.

or maybe a different way of editing maps so the desired route is highlighted?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #3999
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
does anyone make their own maps when overlanding? all i want to do is draw on google maps my route, but its wayyyyyy too full of b.s.

or maybe a different way of editing maps so the desired route is highlighted?
Do you mean making your map as you go on the trail or making the map at home before you head out?
Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #4000
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Do you mean making your map as you go on the trail or making the map at home before you head out?
making it now before we go. i wanna be able to share it with the others that are going as well.

Products Discussed in this Thread