Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #41
HRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Sean
HRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 05-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #42
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
The only drawback I see is that if it's super windy then you can't really use it. I suppose if that comes up though I could always just sleep in the bed.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #43
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I've slept in my Bestop on a sleeping mat plenty of times. Works for me
Old 05-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #44
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I've slept in my Bestop on a sleeping mat plenty of times. Works for me
X2 in s softtopper .
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #46
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
tag'd.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #47
HRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of lightHRDTACO is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Sean
HRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had a softtopper but I have an access literider already on the truck
Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #49
Oceanfisherman
campthewestcoast is on a distinguished road
campthewestcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
This is the direction I'm thinking of going with mine. I don't do hardcore wheeling but I like to explore. Just picked up a Wildernest camper yesterday.

Nice camper, I had one of these on my 01 taco. Too bad they don't make them anymore. I had an old style carpet kit in the bed of the truck(side pieces over the wheels 12"x 12"x6' which had storage(for the campers side poles and fishing poles) and a center of plywood sheet covered in carpet) used the carpet kit as an extra step to get to bed area. I had to replace the top gasket on mine.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #51
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be starting to fab my bed rack up so I can get a RTT
Old 05-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #52
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be starting to fab my bed rack up so I can get a RTT

I would LOVE to have a RTT, but my wife would argue the entire issue
Old 05-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #53
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
I would LOVE to have a RTT, but my wife would argue the entire issue
Honestly I'll probably argue with myself over it for the price they run
Old 05-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #54
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
Honestly I'll probably argue with myself over it for the price they run

Yeah, they are a tad bit pricey...
Old 05-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #55
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I am so subbing this thread
Old 05-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #56

Quote:
Yeah, they are a tad bit pricey...
Yep cheapest one I found was 900 something and then add shipping so still a lot
Old 05-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #57
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Expo is what I am going for. First is setting up mechanically and i am almost there. All I have left if to install my Warn 9.5xp, ARB's front and rear with a regear to 4.11's, and cut fenders and move up to 35's. At that point I will be done mechanically and will be adding all the little odds and ends.

I have thought of going with a hard top but I like having the ability to lower/remove it at a moments notice to haul stuff. Here is my set up so far:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...spd-build.html

I have a bunch of things that I want to do, eventually a roof top rack, maybe an M101 or M416 trailer with a RTT.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #58
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Expo is what I am going for. First is setting up mechanically and i am almost there. All I have left if to install my Warn 9.5xp, ARB's front and rear with a regear to 4.11's, and cut fenders and move up to 35's. At that point I will be done mechanically and will be adding all the little odds and ends.

I have thought of going with a hard top but I like having the ability to lower/remove it at a moments notice to haul stuff. Here is my set up so far:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...spd-build.html

I have a bunch of things that I want to do, eventually a roof top rack, maybe an M101 or M416 trailer with a RTT.
I am not sure how well a trailer will do with all the wheeling. I think with the armor, wheels, lift and then the added weight of gear and a trailer, it will be a bit much for the stock drive train.

BTW, LOVE your truck
Old 05-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #59
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am not sure how well a trailer will do with all the wheeling. I think with the armor, wheels, lift and then the added weight of gear and a trailer, it will be a bit much for the stock drive train.

BTW, LOVE your truck
Not worried a out the stock drive train. If my supercharger hasn't destroyed it yet a trailer will be fine.
Have you seen the expo trailers? They aren't huge and it will be well under the minimum towing limit. It should get me to a base camp just fine, from there set it up and take the truck to the hard offloading.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #60
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Not worried a out the stock drive train. If my supercharger hasn't destroyed it yet a trailer will be fine.
Have you seen the expo trailers? They aren't huge and it will be well under the minimum towing limit. It should get me to a base camp just fine, from there set it up and take the truck to the hard offloading.

This is true, and what I was thinking. Just going to be hard to leave $4k+ left unattended while I wheel

Products Discussed in this Thread