Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #1141
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
great looking truck! can't wait til my RTT comes in!
Same with yours Alex!!! love the way yours looks too! We need to meet up and do a trip soon! Are you going to Pismo Jamboree again this year?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #1142
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Nice man looks like a blast. Might have to try this out.

It is a fun area. I think I'll head back up there, once the snow melts a bit more. I think most of the trail should be snow free by the end of the month. (except for the Saxon Mtn. trail. It gets up over 13,000 ft)
Old 05-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #1143
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
Same with yours Alex!!! love the way yours looks too! We need to meet up and do a trip soon! Are you going to Pismo Jamboree again this year?
Thanks! we gotta meet up and do a photoshoot! I may try to make it depending on how work goes. Won't be making it to MOAB and the RTT won't be here in time for Slick Rock, so I'll definitely have to get another trip in between.

On a side note, do you get a lot of noise/resistance from your RTT? Mine will be high up ( above the cab ) I'm running a Yakima Basket in front on the OEM rack. I was thinking of making another fairing to go on the RTT itself.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #1144
ko1featherweigh is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
ko1featherweigh's Tacoma Gallery
What tent are you getting Alex?

My RTT sits above my cab as well. I have no real wind noise, and just a little wind resistance. i'm running an ARB RTT just like Brandon H.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #1145
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Thanks! we gotta meet up and do a photoshoot! I may try to make it depending on how work goes. Won't be making it to MOAB and the RTT won't be here in time for Slick Rock, so I'll definitely have to get another trip in between.

On a side note, do you get a lot of noise/resistance from your RTT? Mine will be high up ( above the cab ) I'm running a Yakima Basket in front on the OEM rack. I was thinking of making another fairing to go on the RTT itself.

A little bit, but not much. Mine is also above the cab. Gas mileage is definitely affected when It is on. I try and take it off when im not using it.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #1146
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Found something on Reddit that you guys might be interested in. (I know it's a Jeep and that's just horrible, but you get the point)

A guy made a shower that uses a small pump and his stock heater controls and such on his Jeep. The album of pictures is below and there is a link to a video of it under the album link.

http://imgur.com/a/zbxiZ#B3olNYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eID8_...ature=youtu.be

Matt
Old 05-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #1147
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ko1featherweigh View Post
What tent are you getting Alex?

My RTT sits above my cab as well. I have no real wind noise, and just a little wind resistance. i'm running an ARB RTT just like Brandon H.
I ordered a CVT tent from the group buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
A little bit, but not much. Mine is also above the cab. Gas mileage is definitely affected when It is on. I try and take it off when im not using it.
Ah, dam mine might just sit on there all summer. lol
Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #1148
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Found something on Reddit that you guys might be interested in. (I know it's a Jeep and that's just horrible, but you get the point)

A guy made a shower that uses a small pump and his stock heater controls and such on his Jeep. The album of pictures is below and there is a link to a video of it under the album link.

http://imgur.com/a/zbxiZ#B3olNYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eID8_...ature=youtu.be

Matt
Very cool, I would like a system like this at some point, does not seem overly complex to put together.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #1149
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a little help for those of you considering a shower system.

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/helton.html
Old 05-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1151
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I'm working on my own shower kit using my viair compressor and old beer keg. Not sure what ill do for hear exchanger yet..
I would just exchange the keg for a new one and screw the shower part

Just kidding (maybe not) but I would like to see your set up once finished, especially if you used a beer tap!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #1152
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Here's a little help for those of you considering a shower system.

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/helton.html
Nice, so you can use the Hot Water Kit outside the vehicle correct?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #1153
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pretty BA dual battery setup I saw on ExpoPortal
Old 05-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #1154
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Don't those need more ventilation to the exterior of the vehicle? Batteries can give off gases when they are charging. Would suck to be inhaling them.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
^^ Don't those need more ventilation to the exterior of the vehicle? Batteries can give off gases when they are charging. Would suck to be inhaling them.
Good question. Just saw it and thought it was a pretty sweet setup but if thats the case guess that knocks that idea out lol
Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #1156
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My grandpa had a caddilac and it's stock battery was under the back seat. It had a vent tube on it that connected to a hole in the floor so any gas given off exits outside the vehicle.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #1157

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
My grandpa had a caddilac and it's stock battery was under the back seat. It had a vent tube on it that connected to an hole in the floor so any gas given off exits outside the vehicle.
Would be worth looking into, where would you put the vent tube tho? like where on the battery
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #1158

Some batteries have a spot to hook up a vent tube. It's a plastic nipple thing on the casing of the battery.

Edit: Something to this effect...

Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Just get an AGM battery. No vent tube required
Hey whats in the way in the engine bay on the passenger side that wouldnt allow Craig to get the larger compressor? OZ and I were talking about it
Old 05-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #1160

the TRD Sport models have all the ABS stuff over there

Products Discussed in this Thread