Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #1142
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
The first trail is Pomeroy Lakes and the second is Cascade Creek.
Well shit we got some places to go now.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #1143
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^It's a fun area with lots of mines and old cabins. What's left of the Lamartine ghost town is on that trail too. During late summer you can actually leave Idaho springs and take Cascade Creek to Saxon Mtn. trail and end up in Georgetown.

More pics, in case you're interested.

[end picture spam]
Old 05-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #1144
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I know exactly where you are now. Haven't been there in years. Gonna have to hit it this summer again. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #1145
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4892 View Post
This is a link to a great adventure:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...just-read.html
Just catching up on this thread, and yeah, I read that one a while ago, superbadassadventure. I dont know if I could commit to spending that much time in such an unstable part of the world and never knowing what was going to happed; life, death, truck breakdown in the middle of nowhere with limited access to parts.

But, they made it happen, and the adventure is what it is all about. Mad props to them and others that undertake such adventures!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #1146
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The first trail is Pomeroy Lakes and the second is Cascade Creek.
I have a trip planned to do Grizzly Lake this summer, which is a ridge over from Pomeroy. There are a TON of trails in that vicinity, I foresee a few excursions to that part of the state this summer.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #1147
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
Some new ones of my beater from 2 weekends ago

great looking truck! can't wait til my RTT comes in!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #1148
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
I mounted (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax on my CBI swingout. Once my bedrack arrives I will mount (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax on the drivers side and then the (2) 2 gallon water rotopax on the passenger side using these mounts

http://rotopax.com/Universal-Mounting-Plate.html

Since I don't have my bedrack as of yet, I can only provide a pic of the rotopax mounted on my swingout

Thx guys. (Thx 4wheelinBanger for using the search function for me )
I'm leaning towards Rotopax, maybe looking to do a removable bumper mount system so I can put em on when Its time to expo.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #1149
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
I have a trip planned to do Grizzly Lake this summer, which is a ridge over from Pomeroy. There are a TON of trails in that vicinity, I foresee a few excursions to that part of the state this summer.
If you find good trails, post up! I've only been out that way once and would like to explore more of it, when I get the chance.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #1150
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's a pic from a 3 day trip out to St. Elmo, Colorado. Beautiful country out there...

And here are some from 4 day trip outside Idaho Springs, Colorado.

Nice man looks like a blast. Might have to try this out.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #1151
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
great looking truck! can't wait til my RTT comes in!
Same with yours Alex!!! love the way yours looks too! We need to meet up and do a trip soon! Are you going to Pismo Jamboree again this year?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #1152
Independant Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Nice man looks like a blast. Might have to try this out.

It is a fun area. I think I'll head back up there, once the snow melts a bit more. I think most of the trail should be snow free by the end of the month. (except for the Saxon Mtn. trail. It gets up over 13,000 ft)
Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #1153
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Same with yours Alex!!! love the way yours looks too! We need to meet up and do a trip soon! Are you going to Pismo Jamboree again this year?
Thanks! we gotta meet up and do a photoshoot! I may try to make it depending on how work goes. Won't be making it to MOAB and the RTT won't be here in time for Slick Rock, so I'll definitely have to get another trip in between.

On a side note, do you get a lot of noise/resistance from your RTT? Mine will be high up ( above the cab ) I'm running a Yakima Basket in front on the OEM rack. I was thinking of making another fairing to go on the RTT itself.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #1154
ko1featherweigh is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
ko1featherweigh's Tacoma Gallery
What tent are you getting Alex?

My RTT sits above my cab as well. I have no real wind noise, and just a little wind resistance. i'm running an ARB RTT just like Brandon H.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #1155
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Thanks! we gotta meet up and do a photoshoot! I may try to make it depending on how work goes. Won't be making it to MOAB and the RTT won't be here in time for Slick Rock, so I'll definitely have to get another trip in between.

On a side note, do you get a lot of noise/resistance from your RTT? Mine will be high up ( above the cab ) I'm running a Yakima Basket in front on the OEM rack. I was thinking of making another fairing to go on the RTT itself.

A little bit, but not much. Mine is also above the cab. Gas mileage is definitely affected when It is on. I try and take it off when im not using it.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #1156
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Found something on Reddit that you guys might be interested in. (I know it's a Jeep and that's just horrible, but you get the point)

A guy made a shower that uses a small pump and his stock heater controls and such on his Jeep. The album of pictures is below and there is a link to a video of it under the album link.

http://imgur.com/a/zbxiZ#B3olNYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eID8_...ature=youtu.be

Matt
Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #1157

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko1featherweigh View Post
What tent are you getting Alex?

My RTT sits above my cab as well. I have no real wind noise, and just a little wind resistance. i'm running an ARB RTT just like Brandon H.
I ordered a CVT tent from the group buy.

Quote:
A little bit, but not much. Mine is also above the cab. Gas mileage is definitely affected when It is on. I try and take it off when im not using it.
Ah, dam mine might just sit on there all summer. lol
Old 05-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #1158
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Found something on Reddit that you guys might be interested in. (I know it's a Jeep and that's just horrible, but you get the point)

A guy made a shower that uses a small pump and his stock heater controls and such on his Jeep. The album of pictures is below and there is a link to a video of it under the album link.

http://imgur.com/a/zbxiZ#B3olNYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eID8_...ature=youtu.be

Matt
Very cool, I would like a system like this at some point, does not seem overly complex to put together.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #1159
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a little help for those of you considering a shower system.

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/helton.html

Products Discussed in this Thread