Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #1241
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I'm interested in your tests, but when it comes down to it for me, I'm going with ARB because of the name. Not just the name, but what that means. ARB's customer service is nothing short of top notch. A friend of mine was being a bonehead and engaged his front locker while the wheels were spinning at 10 mph and fried a couple pieces in there. When the shop that installed it called ARB they said they didnt have the parts in stock, but were going to call him back when they figured something out. They ended up tearing a shelf unit apart and overnighting the parts at no cost to anyone but themselves. Its stories like that that make me a pretty devoted customer to a brand like that.
I assume your talking to me? I have had great experiences with various brands over the years. I too agree ARB is a great company. BUT right now I cannot afford to pay for a product that is rebranded then marked up. Not right now that is. Ultimately, I would like to get ahold of a National LUNA to do some testing on a fridge that MSRP is $3k.

I am coppying both our posts to the LINK I posted above. Lets chat there in the Fridge BS thread.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #1242
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Question for the RTT owners, im thinking about upgrading from my truck tent to a RTT, is the tent made from the same material as a regular tent or is it canvas? Do you get any moisture inside in colder weather?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #1243
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #1244
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD 09 View Post
Question for the RTT owners, im thinking about upgrading from my truck tent to a RTT, is the tent made from the same material as a regular tent or is it canvas? Do you get any moisture inside in colder weather?
Tent is just tent material I suppose..little thicker.

I get some condensation yes in the winter. A small pad under the mattress to circulate air is supposed to help. Hasn't tested that tho yet.

Either way. It's an amazing upgrade and ill never ground tent again. Well..unless back packing...but either way. Totally worth it. Love it.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #1245
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
here's a tent for you guys...

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=28023

Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #1247
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Tent looks like a bitch to set up.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #1248
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I think it just folds forward
Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #1249
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecloud View Post
There was another thread that just popped up yesterday that I saw that a member ordered a roll of the stuff from somewhere in San Antonio TX and did it himself for about 550.00. Let me try to find it....
All my vinyl came in at less than 400. Not 3M but when I had the vinyl shop thats applying it for me check it out he started buying it himself hahaha.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #1250
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
All my vinyl came in at less than 400. Not 3M but when I had the vinyl shop thats applying it for me check it out he started buying it himself hahaha.
How much to apply it? Are they getting in the area between the cab and the bed? Are you staying close to your original color or changing it drastically?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #1251
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post

"You firstly open the roof-rack onto the props, then using a pole lift two sections together pivoting around the front pivots......then the final section, which is nearly "empty" is flipped over. Stand the back hoops up, then go to the front and pull the front hoops up.........brace it all, then climb in and go to sleep!"

definitely a process, but if you have a need to fit a family above your truck, it's not bad
Old 07-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #1253
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #1254
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad i'm not the only one left who prefers to hand draft on an engineering pad these days.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #1255
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
I'm glad i'm not the only one left who prefers to hand draft on an engineering pad these days.
It comes with being..an engineer.
That and I hate redoing work. Takes me at least twice as long to do it flying by the seat of my pants than to just spend a couple hours drawing it out.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #1256
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My dad designs all his ranch gates on those pads. Im trying to hook him up with a CAD program for his tablet for "on the go" quick designs.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #1257
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
It comes with being..an engineer.
That and I hate redoing work. Takes me at least twice as long to do it flying by the seat of my pants than to just spend a couple hours drawing it out.
i was referring to hand drawing vs CAD, but you're definitely wright about the rework. I draft up everything i build beforehand, but i find that i'm much more creative and come up with better designs when i hand draft the first version of the design as opposed to doing so on a computer.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #1258
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
i was referring to hand drawing vs CAD, but you're definitely wright about the rework. I draft up everything i build beforehand, but i find that i'm much more creative and come up with better designs when i hand draft the first version of the design as opposed to doing so on a computer.
Ahh...well that's cause I'm old....and like you, hand drawing just helps me think through the design better.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #1260
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
so what all happing in here? have not been in here in a while.

Products Discussed in this Thread