Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #1281
OneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
OneWheelDrive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
^^ Cool setup, ARB Awning is always cool, I ended up getting the mosquito room too, makes it pretty safe at night from bug bites.
Thanks! Your rig is ridiculous btw.

Another main goal of mine is to be as incognito as possible. Trucks with boards stacked on the roof, rooftop tents, recovery gear bolted to roof racks, and trailers full of fun gear are all targets that would make me nervous leaving my truck parked on the beach for hours on end. A dusty, stock-looking truck flies under the radar, especially through nasty military checkpoints!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #1282
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of camp kitchens - I have (and love) the Camp Chef camp kitchen - the front unzips to expose four pouches, one that can be used to store cold things in ice, and the legs extend. I looked at several and settled on this one. I got it at Cabela's and it has worked well!! And also LOVE the ARB awning -- just got it out of the shop and can't wait to get back out -- next three weekends will be out...

http://www.campchef.com/sherpa-camp-...organizer.html

sytfu510 -- those are AMAZING pics and an instant sub to your build thread!! Thanks for sharing your hard work and ideas!!

Some pics from my truck/trailer....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/netdep/...7626824134599/
Attached Thumbnails
Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread-img_7462.jpg   Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread-awning.jpg  
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #1283
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWheelDrive View Post
Thanks! Your rig is ridiculous btw.

Another main goal of mine is to be as incognito as possible. Trucks with boards stacked on the roof, rooftop tents, recovery gear bolted to roof racks, and trailers full of fun gear are all targets that would make me nervous leaving my truck parked on the beach for hours on end. A dusty, stock-looking truck flies under the radar, especially through nasty military checkpoints!
Haha yeah usually I only go places where I take my truck on trails so I don't leave it behind, and everything has to come with. I was worried my first time going through an on base checkpoint, but I got my truck reg'd and I usually don't get much drama about it. ( I get asked more questions about my gear & where I go than anything lol )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
Speaking of camp kitchens - I have (and love) the Camp Chef camp kitchen - the front unzips to expose four pouches, one that can be used to store cold things in ice, and the legs extend. I looked at several and settled on this one. I got it at Cabela's and it has worked well!! And also LOVE the ARB awning -- just got it out of the shop and can't wait to get back out -- next three weekends will be out...

http://www.campchef.com/sherpa-camp-...organizer.html

sytfu510 -- those are AMAZING pics and an instant sub to your build thread!! Thanks for sharing your hard work and ideas!!

Some pics from my truck/trailer....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/netdep/...7626824134599/

Thanks! That trailer setup is nice! A buddy of mine brought his up, although it was much more simple, had a RTT mounted on top and used the middle for storage. Was nice not to have to carry everything on the truck itself.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #1284
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
40 lbs and compact is a lot better than the 3x8 foot table i toss in my trailer for wheeling trips now.

The only issue i've experienced with the version i've used was that the center table wasn't quite large enough to comfortably use some of the camping stoves we tried out on it. it was plenty wide, just not deep enough. you tried any stoves on yours?
I have the REI xl table.

Packed: 55x7 bag
Unfold: 55x32
Weight: 15 pounds

It holds a good size stove and has plenty of room on the side for prepping/serving.

http://www.rei.com/product/765282/rei-camp-table-xl
Old 09-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #1285
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever use their RTT in the snow?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #1286
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Yeah, why? This is SixstringSteve's rig in Moab in the snow.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #1287
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
I'll be using mine all winter.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #1288
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Probably wondering about the weight on snow on top. Which I'm actually curious about, while we're talking about it. I don't have an interest in a RTT, but I'm curious none the less.

Matt
Old 09-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #1289
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Just wondering if people liked using them in the cold or went with a different solution during the winter.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #1290
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr. Buddy heater in the annex and the season is irrelevant.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #1291
Purveyor of Fun

Speaking of RTT's I'm going to get some A-series rigid lights (since I'm a dealer now ) and put them on the center post of mine, still working out wiring and a switch but it should be pretty straight forward.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #1292
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Speaking of RTT's I'm going to get some A-series rigid lights (since I'm a dealer now )
Do I hear a GB coming on?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #1293
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
GB.......GB........GB........ It's as if I hear someone chanting far far away.............
Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #1295
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Hell i spent like 10 bucks on some LEDs and put them on the center post..Work awesome.

I forget where did you wire the lights to?
Old 09-08-2013, 01:49 AM   #1297

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Used 5 of these from here:

http://www.okledlights.com/2leds-smd...r2bx_p370.html

Ships from Hong Kong though so takes a while to get here. Sure you could find something similar elsewhere.

Almost grabbed these but i think the ones above are easier to attach. I used two super small zip ties and the double sided tape that came with them. Works awesome.

http://www.okledlights.com/2leds-smd...r2ax_p369.html
But how did you get the wiring through? Just drill a hole through the floor and use some kind of grommet?
Old 09-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #1298
Purveyor of Fun

The fold has an opening you can run wires through. There's a flap at the base of the center pole. Pretty straight forward. Set up a feeler thread for the lights guys, hop in there as lemme know what you'd like to see. I can get it all.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ries-leds.html
Old 09-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #1300

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
yea just at the break. Lots of room for wires to come out even through the tarp. No drilling.
Sweet. That's what I thought but figured I'd ask.

Products Discussed in this Thread