Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #1401
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely trying to go the EXPO route with my truck. Mods so far, 255/85-16 km2 on 16x8 procomps. 4.88 gears. BAMF sliders. Front and rear ARB's. Softtopper. Camburg coilovers and UCA. I know I have a long way to go but I'm slowly working on it. Takes care of me on my fishing/camping/hunting trips every weekend. Really want armor and the rest of the expo goodies I see everyone posting up.
Attached Thumbnails
Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread-image.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #1402
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Definitely trying to go the EXPO route with my truck. Mods so far, 255/85-16 km2 on 16x8 procomps. 4.88 gears. BAMF sliders. Front and rear ARB's. Softtopper. Camburg coilovers and UCA. I know I have a long way to go but I'm slowly working on it. Takes care of me on my fishing/camping/hunting trips every weekend. Really want armor and the rest of the expo goodies I see everyone posting up.
I feel ya on that one. trying to get the cash for some suspension deciding on OME or some bilsteins. Also a CVT Tent, tires will come when the stock ones go bad, sliders as well and a plated rear bumper
Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #1403
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Yup, TW will be seeing a lot of me. Lets try to keep that thread visible eh? I really need to move some stock. With all the pM's i've responded to you'd think errrbody'd have lights.

But they don't.
Do not forget, even at a huge discount, they are COSTLY. With the amount of money invested in lights, many OTHER mods could be completed for less than the cost of a 50" let alone the items I might invest in.

Still thinking on my setup. After reading about that RDS, might want one of those for the front. Then 2 x D2's to cover the rest of that 180º arc. for the rear, could do the 30" single row and 2 x 6" single row or similar size. Then the sides could end up with 2 x 12" single row. Reverse lights, possibly?

All that is costly, right around $2500 without the pricing on the RDS! based off the E@$1600 in a 50" vs SR@$1200 in a 50" - I can gather the RDS in a 54" might be in the $1800 range. Putting me with a bit of a discount at ~$4000 in lights.

- additionally, on the topic of this thread though, Still working on the OBA location. 5Gal tanks are not small. Still do not want to sacrifice my spare tire location, yet*
Old 11-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #1404
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Rear tire swingout. Thats what I'm doing. Mostly the reason for getting it was for my OBA. Im going to try and put the compressors under there as well. I like your mounting positions too though, just think I'll probably have something else in that spot.

And also on your lights, I'll refer to that list when the RDS comes out so we can get prices to you, but the more you buy the bigger the discount is. An order like that you'd save a ton. My goal isnt to make on these things, I just like to be able to offer TWers a deal.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #1405
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have links to the XO builds? All I find on their site is bits and pieces
Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #1406
rbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Retired MMCS/SS
Name: Randy
rbraddock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Check out expedition portal there is some there but just enough to keep the sponsors happy
Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #1407
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2013 Taco:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...3-Tacoma-Build

2001 Taco:
http://www.xoverland.com/videos/vehi...toyota-tacoma/
Old 11-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #1408
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Is anyone running a single battery ie like a deep cycle marine battery or big amg? Doing this instead of a due battery set up? I would like to see pics of any if anyone has some.

Just curious cause I would like to put a bigger battery in my Tacoma but I don't really have a need for a secondary one. I will prob never run a fridge or anythin that would require a duel. Just would be nice to run a couple aux led lights off of the roof rack I'm getting at night went camping.

Thanks appreciate any help.

- coby
Old 11-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #1409
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Your the man
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Is anyone running a single battery ie like a deep cycle marine battery or big amg? Doing this instead of a due battery set up? I would like to see pics of any if anyone has some.

Just curious cause I would like to put a bigger battery in my Tacoma but I don't really have a need for a secondary one. I will prob never run a fridge or anythin that would require a duel. Just would be nice to run a couple aux led lights off of the roof rack I'm getting at night went camping.

Thanks appreciate any help.

- coby
coby,

Short answer - YES full sized 31M-

Explanation-

You can stick a size 31M in there. Look at my build and the dual battery setup thread. I had the single 31M in there. It fit fine and I spent the money for a longer battery hold downs. 2 dollars. Then drilled out the old one that is welded to the hold down to make a hole for the new LONGER hooks. It will hang over your battery tray, or you can remove it. I have the sealed batterys so the 'pan' is almost useless.

At that point I was deciding IF* a single would fit my power needs. I did the math and it really would have been close. Was not willing to risk it. SO I started the cutting and relocation process./ Dropped the second one in it and am using hose clamps as a temp fix til I get a welder.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1410
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool thanks for the info man I'll check out your build.

Anyone else running just one?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #1411
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I think my pics are in here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ys-thread.html
Old 11-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #1412

Prob just gana do a single set up like this Post #164
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-DC-TRD/page17
Old 11-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #1413
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Rw6NgI23Q
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #1414
Its 4 o’clock somewhere
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
^^
Old 11-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #1415
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ yes been waiting for this!!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #1416

I'm sooo hooked they need to come out faster with episodes!!!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #1417
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Would like it if they focused more on the current stuff instead of flashing back all the time. For that matter, put up all the back episodes.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #1418
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would like it if they focused more on the current stuff instead of flashing back all the time. For that matter, put up all the back episodes.
Exactly what I was thinking...
Old 11-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #1419
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Exactly what I was thinking...
it is a little different when a show is an hour long. Then again, this is all stuff i haven't seen to begin with.

Products Discussed in this Thread