Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Overland Expedition pics/specs with bs thread

There are LT, MT, lowered etc threads. Some of my favorite Tacomas on here are of the Overland type. I thought it'd be nice to have one place for all the more Expedition type truck owners to post up pics (lots of pics ) and discuss mods, plan trips, swap stories, whatever. Let's just keep this thread all overland expedition talk!

Looking forward to what comes of it.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
dub a wub a sub'd
Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.expeditionportal.com/reso...-vehicles.html

http://pangaea-expeditions.com/5-bes...land-vehicles/

Agree? Disputes?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Well mine's not in full Expo mode yet but it's started.

Will post some more pics after this Summer Overland Expo trip through Nevada.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
AmericanAdventurist.com
TACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Hospital Corpsman
TACODOC1's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Great Thread

I just returned from a 4 day trip to Overland Expo 2012 at Mormon Lake near Flagstaff. This is the burning man or woodstock of the Overlanding world. Check it out on FB or Google it for amazing pics of rigs from all over the globe.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACODOC1 View Post
I just returned from a 4 day trip to Overland Expo 2012 at Mormon Lake near Flagstaff. This is the burning man or woodstock of the Overlanding world. Check it out on FB or Google it for amazing pics of rigs from all over the globe.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it

EDIT: Here's a link.

http://www.overlandexpo.com/

I wish I would have known in advance, I have lots of friends in AZ. I will most definitely look into future events, thanks again
Old 05-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #7

I'm definitely not missing this next year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O78TI...e_gdata_player
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 05-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
This is the direction I'm thinking of going with mine. I don't do hardcore wheeling but I like to explore. Just picked up a Wildernest camper yesterday.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #10

Awesome man, any pics with it open?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #12

Check out TACODOCs set up/pics
Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm hoping to get it all bolted in placed tomorrow and I can take pics of it opened up. If everything goes well I'll get to do some camping in it this weekend. Now I'm really glad I put in this marine 12v outlet in the bed a while back, knew it'd come in handy one day.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Check out TACODOCs set up/pics

His rig is badass! I saw it a lot over on expeditionportal.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacovendor's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my 2010 Regular cab

Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Well mine's not in full Expo mode yet but it's started.

Will post some more pics after this Summer Overland Expo trip through Nevada.

Those 1st gen wheels look real good on that truck. Maybe im just bias?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacovendor View Post

Access cab for internal storage and that's pretty much my dream truck. Perfect. I'm guessing you're still pulling pretty good fuel economy with it as well
Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacovendor View Post

Easily my favorite Reg Cab Tacoma on TW. Love your build man.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #19
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
Those 1st gen wheels look real good on that truck. Maybe im just bias?
No you're right, they look good. And a great size for the 255/85/16 BFG KM2s
Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #20

If I were offroad more than on I'd have that size in a heartbeat. Just can't justify 33s for looks ha gotta actually need em. Maybe someday I'll be cool and run two sets like ^

Products Discussed in this Thread