Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Newbie Q: Long or short bed?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
wpeterson47 is on a distinguished road
wpeterson47's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie Q: Long or short bed?

I'm considering trading my 98 Wrangler up to a 2nd gen. Tacoma 4D 4x4 6cyl auto. We'll also be towing a travel trailer from time to time f.w.i.w. We're not rock crawlers but enjoy off-roading on mining & logging roads.

I'm thinking short bed for tight turns. Any reason why I might want to consider a long bed? Pros and cons each way?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
long bed holds stuff better, short bed has a shorter wheelbase, basically boils down to that.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
wpeterson47 is on a distinguished road
wpeterson47's Tacoma Gallery
Prolly not - I'm an old guy!

wep
Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
Rez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rez's Tacoma Gallery
For offroading long bed has no advantage.
Short bed is better for tight turns, maneuver between trees and rocks, and most importantly 1 foot shorter wheel base (helps a lot for not getting high center)