Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Does this look right?

Old 12-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Does this look right?

Those of you who haven't heard I jacked up my Taco doing some light off roading. I have already ordered the new shocks and UCA's. But I just noticed this part seems to be bent. Can I just replace the bolt or do i have to replace the whole part?

Old 12-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the passenger side. Seems to be perfectly straight. What is this part called so I can look it up?

Old 12-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like your sway bar. Hard to tell in the pics, but worst case, you can remove it and still be fine, you'll just have more body roll when takeng a turn.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #4

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Can I replace that bolt that is bent or is that vertical thing connecting it all one piece?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Its one peice from toyota, but you might be able to find it at a parts shop. It dont look bad, and its not going to affect anything. You may just want to leave it how it is.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #6

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Oh great, so I don't have to worry about that then.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Chris 4x4 is correct, Its non serviceable. I actually replaced one on my brothers Civic and my Fathers F150 in the same month, once they break your sway bar is not attached on one side, the honda was $30 and the Ford was under $10.00 from a good parts store. Look up sway bar end links.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I guess Chris was saying the sway bar was bad? In the two cases I replaced the end links in a Civic and a F150, they were both broken. My brother complained of a "clunk" when going over a simple speed bump. My dad was the same. Either way, if you replace the part is easy.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
I guess Chris was saying the sway bar was bad? In the two cases I replaced the end links in a Civic and a F150, they were both broken. My brother complained of a "clunk" when going over a simple speed bump. My dad was the same. Either way, if you replace the part is easy.
I said it doesnt look bad (Post #5). X2 on it being an easy fix if it was broken.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #10
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's not bent at all. Those sway pieces rotate in that area. Nothing is wrong with it. The difference you are seeing is in your sway bar and not that piece. Nothing to worry about.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
if you are running good aftermarket coil overs off road you can unlink them to get better downtravel upfront. Ive heard of some people unhooking them altogether. However they do report amplified amounts of bodyroll on road.
Quick disconnects can be made and may still be available someplace.
If you are running stock UCA's, you wont get more down travel, just better articulation between the 2 front tires. To get more travel, you need extended coilovers, or shocks used in conjunction with different UCA's. ;-)
Old 12-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #12
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Since everyone is calling it "that" piece, I'll let you know that it's called an end link. The end link does not seem to be bent. The other end of that bolt is a uniball and it pivots inside the cup. Unless the bolt it's self is bent the end link is fine.