Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Post your Water Crossing Pics!

Old 05-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #21
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
This is off CDF road 14S02 near Pine Valley, Ca... (San Diego)

I know its not anything like others have around the country water wise, but its fn as hell when ya can hit some....

Old 05-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #22
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Water crossings? We got lots of that in northern Ontario...

http://youtu.be/hYvy8od7pJ0

http://youtu.be/2d6cSKI7oNk

http://youtu.be/5h07v55nwtE

http://youtu.be/KkSRKFsOcyw

http://youtu.be/rLuBQNRRp7Y
Old 05-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #24
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #26
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoRKvBGh6kg&feature=plcp

Not me, but I filmed it.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #27
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
have a question?? have any of you guys had any alternator issue after your crossed the water with mud in it??? I did this and fried my alternator :?. So i really scared to do water crossing.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
have a question?? have any of you guys had any alternator issue after your crossed the water with mud in it??? I did this and fried my alternator :?. So i really scared to do water crossing.
i have seen many alt. go down because of water....... more so in muddy water......
hell we had 2 go down in the same trip a few weeks back
Old 05-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #29
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
i have seen many alt. go down because of water....... more so in muddy water......
hell we had 2 go down in the same trip a few weeks back
damn that sux :/. I fried mine in very slitty mud.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #30
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
what he said ^^^
if i wanted to water cross and mud badly enough to get a snorkel or maybe even just badly enough to do my breathers, i would relocate the alt. higher up. it's been done, i can't imagine it would be that hard either (hardest bit would be fabbing the bracket but that wouldn't be impossible)
But my question is if you relocate it higher will that even matter if it couple more inch higher with mud/water still splashing and hitting it??? Plus when you relocate the ALtenator do you have to get a longer serpentine belt???
Old 05-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #31
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I may have a few pics laying around. Luckily I always have to go first so I usually only have pics of others trucks.

I broke through leading making it fun for everyone else

small ice puddle

typical trails near me

taking a pre runner out for fun - I know the holes

totally frozen count?

what road?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=orhIjZTGUy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_PbtP62AAd4

last but not least - the fun that comes with it

Old 05-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #32
FishinTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: D'Arcy
FishinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Some play time and some work time take me through water alot. the first is of my '98 taco, I was getting swept downstream pretty good. A friend of mine dropped a newish chevy into a hole at the same spot just last year and actually totalled the truck. Engine stalled out, fried all the electrical..etc. The last couple are from work.

Post your Water Crossing Pics!-sturgrivcrossing2.jpg

Name:  ToyotaPWR.jpg
Views: 1549
Size:  2.3 KB

Post your Water Crossing Pics!-truck-fun2.jpg

Post your Water Crossing Pics!-aug-9-10-031.jpg
Old 05-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #35
09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
09taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
last flood we had
Attached Thumbnails
Post your Water Crossing Pics!-img00118.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #36
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
at big bear, 10 pm, almost a foot of snow, ice on top of the water, it went up to Monkeyproof's doors and he has AP LT and 35s. My GF's truck was next with billies and 33s
http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=IMG_0262.mp4
Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #37
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
at big bear, 10 pm, almost a foot of snow, ice on top of the water, it went up to Monkeyproof's doors and he has AP LT and 35s. My GF's truck was next with billies and 33s
http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=IMG_0262.mp4

Nice... those LT truck sit to low for my taste when crossing rivers. I would of shit a brick.

Bet her truck sits taller right?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #38
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Nice... those LT truck sit to low for my taste when crossing rivers. I would of shit a brick.

Bet her truck sits taller right?
nah, Tom's truck sits high. Jen's truck sits more than 3" shorter than Tom's truck, we went through that crossing as fast as we could