Notices

Post your Water Crossing Pics!

Old 05-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #41
shedup bish!
JaimeDawg is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jaime
JaimeDawg's Tacoma Gallery
You guys should state weather prerunning our fouring it..
Old 05-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #42
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeDawg View Post
You guys should state weather prerunning our fouring it..
Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #43
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
no offense, just confusion, didnt understand his post haha, what is fouring? 4x4ing? not sure
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #45
shedup bish!
JaimeDawg is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jaime
JaimeDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
lol
jaime, prerunning is a race type activity for highly customized trucks. aaron, as an owner of a truck that can probably prerun without....exploding...., takes offense at the mistake of confusing prerunning for driving a truck in 2 wheel drive

i think.

also, he's probably commenting on the fact that nobody really says "fouring"...but i deem it acceptable.
Lmfao! I was just trying to add a quick comment while on my phone but what I ment to say is u guys should specify whether in 2wd or 4x4 when crossing...
Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch about a couple slang words like "fouring it"lol
Either way you knew what I meant lol
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #46
ajwhlr04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
ajwhlr04's Tacoma Gallery
This guy had to hold is breath for awhile. Not me, but thought it was pretty nuts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AWpz385dg
Old 05-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #48
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Awesome pics!

I wish we had water here in SoCal...this all I have to show for. So embarrassing.

Was this up Miller Canyon near Silverwood Lake?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #50
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Attached Thumbnails
Post your Water Crossing Pics!-dsc_5446.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #52
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
All I got for now. Didnt have my tires and 5100's on in time for winter, so this will have to do till next winter In Gorman CA last month for a meet. Water barely went to the top of the tire, but it was still fun. Freakin California is no fun. And please excuse the commentary, my little brother is lame

http://youtu.be/It9n8Q9x9gI

Scraped my tube steps and dust lights on this one, but no serious damage

http://youtu.be/p2wgwzUUCaM
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #53
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
fuck! careful with that shit without a snorkel!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #55
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwhlr04 View Post
This guy had to hold is breath for awhile. Not me, but thought it was pretty nuts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AWpz385dg
I wonder if this guy really meant to do that?? Im pretty sure if I drove a $100,000+ car, I sure as hell wouldnt do some stupid shit like that! Extreme 4x4, yes, but this is just insane!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #57
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Yay! I can play.

5 Lugger splashin around a bit.

Slade, KY with Jeremy, Marc and Brandon

Bills 491 O.R. Park - Kentucky.

Couple pics from my vantage point in the "small river"

In Pic below....my ass is about to be stuck in 30 seconds up where the MGM truck is. Water up near the D/S door. D/S rear tire about 3/4 covered in water. It was fun!

Old 05-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #58
FishinTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: D'Arcy
FishinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
haha nice crossing at the sturgeon river! ya going straight in there to if i recall correctly.. the left of the rocks is deep as opposed to following the arc that runs shallower to the right when coming from the capreol side, went up there 3-4 yrs back, setup camp a little ways after and dropped a canoe at little scarecrow or woods lake did a portage or two and went up little stream then off to ishpatina ridge. i was driving a lifted tracker back then, the current was giving a nice push for sure!
Ya, I walked it in my waders first to find the path, I just was forgetting about the current push. No breather at the time and some pretty milky rear diff fluid when done..lol...and an axle seal shortly after. Live and learn. I was on my way to the Ishpatina ridge as well, i didn't canoe in but old school compass and mapped it in there from a point on the road. Beauty country. You in Sudbury?

Here's a little crossing, but it was tight, thought I had to loose a side of the box on that rock....definitely lost most of my paint for the rest of the trip. Cheers, DCPost your Water Crossing Pics!-j-j-sept-13-2008-088.jpg

Post your Water Crossing Pics!-j-j-sept-13-2008-091.jpg

Post your Water Crossing Pics!-j-j-sept-13-2008-081.jpg
Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #59
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics!!!

Here are some of my truck:

Only diff breather mod & sliders

This is with snorkel, but not so deep haha
Old 05-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #60
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little reminder to the water crossing n00bs out here in the interwebz

Worst things you can do to your Tacoma in water:

1) Drive over water doing more then 10mph.

Reason: Well it's plain old tarded. You inject mud and foreign objects into your pulleys, alternator, starter, and just about every wire harness for the simple fact of being 'stupid cool'

I have seen 2 people blow alternators in one day driving fast in water. One was 1st gen. One was 2nd gen.

2) Drive in water over your hood.

Reason: You have a gas engine with more electronics then a super computer from the 90's. You also have an intake LOWER then the hood. So if water is above the hod and intake is below it your sucking water. Pretty freaking stupid IMO. Also water that high is close to the "floatation" point of your truck. This means you loose all traction and go with the water flow.

Now if your not a n00b you may have already addressed the above issues so you can drive under water with a scuba tank for oxygen and be a-ok.

I just LMAO at the pics some post in here. Your truck is literally submerged by law and could be totaled by the insurance co. Hope you guys don't try selling your trucks soon when you have pics on forums of them sunk.