Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Trails Near Tahoe

Old 05-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Trails Near Tahoe

My wife and I are going to be spending our anniversary trip this year up in Tahoe, staying on the Nevada side. I've never been to Tahoe, but I've spent lots of time in and near alpine lakes in British Columbia and Colorado. Are there any must see off-roading trails I could accomplish in a DCLB with stock tires and a mild lift? Nothing more than a few hours long. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So, if I ever move up there it seems I'll be the only Tacoma owner?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
gold lake, has a great ohv camp site. the trail in is only about 20 minutes but the drive their could be an hour. still it would be a great drive and beautiful place. oh yeah and yes you could drive it with stock.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Uh.....the RUBICON!! If you're talking MUST SEE trails, then that's the one.

K maybe it's a little longer than you want, and maybe a bit more difficult than you want, but still a must see.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
Weapon Mechanic

Thanks for the suggestions so far. The Rubicon is on my list, but I think I'll have to build a dedicated rig for that.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
BVCOTaco is on a distinguished road
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You can always just drive up the Rubicon for a ways until it gets to rough for your rig! Still some beautiful scenery there!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVCOTaco View Post
You can always just drive up the Rubicon for a ways until it gets to rough for your rig! Still some beautiful scenery there!
True. If you go in from the Tahoe side you can get as far as the overlook at the top of Cadillac Hill without too much trouble. From that point you're on your own with how difficult it gets. If you come in from the Loon Lake side, you're into some pretty gnarly stuff right off the bat.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Weapon Mechanic

I picked up Roger Mitchell's High Sierra SUV Trails book and found a couple I'd like to try. I would love to take that short stretch of the Rubicon where it is still class III, but I'd never get my wife to agree to that.