1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SoCal Desert Truck Run (Sun Run)

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Zing, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Jun 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM
    Zing

Zing [OP] New Member

Member:
    Esco
    Vehicle:
    07 Full Size, Mild Build Racer/Prerunner V8
    RaceRunner 2.5s, Tenneco shocks on stock leafs, Falken 33s, 6" widened front, etc., etc.,
    A few friends and I have been planning an off-season, weekend desert run. We would like to get enough people and trucks to form a large convoy. Starting at the West end of Ocotillo Wells as the first rally point. Moving through Ocotillo on to Truckhaven to rally up again. From Truckhaven to the beach at the Salton Sea. Then back. At every rally piont and all along the way, is some of the best terrain this side of the Mississip. Probably in the world. I'm sure most of the local SoCal off roaders have either heard of Ocotillo, or have been there. But I don't think many have bonz'd the beach at Salton Sea, or have been out in a large convoy of trucks like this. We think it will be well worth the trip. So far, it looks like we're shooting for the first weekend of August time frame. We have been unofficially calling this "event": Sun Run. So named because it's going to be HOT!!! That's okay though, off roaders are tough as nails, that's why we go to events like Sun Run (now the official name, lol)! Send me a message if you would like more info. Dates are not set in stone just yet. Please contact me, and then go tell all your friends. So far, we're up to about 10 trucks, we're expecting many more. No charges, no frills. Just lots of fun and plenty of thrills!:)

2. Jun 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    Runs like this are pretty common for us socal guys. You should check out the socal section of the forums.

3. Jun 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    The Traveler

The Traveler Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
  4. Jun 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    RattleSnake44

RattleSnake44 Well-Known Member