Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

So Cal Wheeling and Camping

Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
SouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of light

SouthWhittierMetalWorks's Tacoma Gallery
So Cal Wheeling and Camping

A friend of mine just inherited an 85 Toyota pick up, his first 4x4, and wants to take it out this spring for a weekend of wheeling and camping. I've been browsing through the forums here and looking a bit online to find a nice place to take him out to. Lytle Creek seems like a pretty good spot but i was wondering what everyone else's recommendation might be. We're leaving out of the LA area but the drive to doesn't matter all that much to me. Thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Come down to san diego!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Lytle Creek is pretty cool, probably some snow up there right now ! and they dont charge you to drive there. Azusa Canyon is good if you like lots of mud and some streams, except they charge like 8 bucks for the day, and they are kind of strict with the rules, last time I was out there they were patrolling alot and I seen a few people get tickets so that might not be such a good choice if its crowded. Also if you dont mind driving a bit further theres Johnson Valley OHV, good open area with a dry lake, or just hit Big Bear and theres plenty of trails