Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Hunting for trails in Gatlinburg

Old 08-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #21
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWT View Post
Just to let everyone know.. yes i am new but heres the truth as bad as i hate to tell ya...there are no 4x4 trails in the national park or cades cove. I live within 1 mile of the park entrance and 20 mins from cades cove gate in Townsend. What I can tell you is there are rds leading out of the cove.. Rich mtn rd (goes to Townsend) and Parsons Branch rd .. it go's to hwy 129. You can drive a car on these rds. The national park will not let you even pic a flower let alone hit the woods in a 4x4. The places I used to go were Bluff mtn in severville just down from gatlinburg but.. that has been developed and no more trail riding. Now the only one that I know of is wind rock.. punch it up on mr. google and see what he says about that. FYI.. tellico is closed as well as far as I know..Trout unlimited got that shut down for us. Anyway if any of you do vacation in the smokies... Give us a call we have cabins here in Townsend >>> check out our web site >> www.tiptoncabins.com We would love to have a few tacomas at our cabins.. have a great vacation here in the smokies!! FYI.. One more thing.. There is a group of really big bucks hanging at the Dan Lawson Place/ Hyatt Ln in cades cove.. go early and take your camera. CWT
Old 08-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #23
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWT View Post
Anyway if any of you do vacation in the smokies... Give us a call we have cabins here in Townsend >>> check out our web site >> www.tiptoncabins.com We would love to have a few tacomas at our cabins.. have a great vacation here in the smokies!! FYI.. One more thing.. There is a group of really big bucks hanging at the Dan Lawson Place/ Hyatt Ln in cades cove.. go early and take your camera. CWT
Looks like you have reasonable prices. We like to go up for long weekends quite often, particularly in the fall/winter. May look you up next time.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
mac0420 is on a distinguished road
Name: matthew
mac0420's Tacoma Gallery
I'm new to tacoma world and don't know if this thread is dead but I was in gatlinburg this past weekend and found a really nice trail down in wears valley. As your headed towards Townsend from pigeon forge on wears valley rd, when you start coming into the area where the majority of wears valley stores are if you look to the left and scan the mountain side you will find a power line just straight shot up the mountain with no trees, 3/4 of the way up the power line you will see a faint dirt trail coming out onto it. Now how I found this is crazy but I Google Earth ed it as soon as I got back to my cabin. Well dying to check it out my wife made me wait till the morning and I was up EARLY!!! So the dog and I head out find the trail take it and it was so much fun. You HAVE to have 4x4. Some places are soo steap. Right after the opening in the PowerLine where you see from the rd there is a 1/4 mile crawl up a small rock garden which u can also go around. I never made it to the end because it got soo dark in the clouds. I do have some pics and I can post the link from maps if interested. It's really worth checking out.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #25
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Thread as been dead but that's some good info post up some pic.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #26
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoyed the gravel road that leads out of Cades Cove, I Do Not Recommend takeing dragon road or Dragon's tail whatever that road is called it sucks. Great view but all of my passengers were getting sick of the winding roads and there was an 18 wheeler on the road that liked to run over a vehicle infront of us.

Windrock was a nice place to wheel.
The family is dying to go back.