Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Inspiration Point Trail - Northern Utah

Old 07-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Inspiration Point Trail - Northern Utah

Did some mild wheeling with the family today up the Inspiration Point trail near Mantua, Utah. Awesome scenery and a good time with the fam.

My wife and kids. Had my nephew along too, he's the one on the right.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics. Looks like that trail has some great overlooks of the valley below.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pics! I think I'll try to find it tomorrow actually, I just moved to Roy and haven't really been able to find many places like this on my own, any suggestions for a new guy in the area?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Nice photos man! Is that trail 2WD friendly?
Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pics. Cute kids, smoking hot wife
Old 07-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes the trail is pretty easy and could be done in 2WD. The views are spectacular! For you Utah guys that are thinking about checking it out, just head up to Mantua and turn South on Main Street and it will eventually turn into dirt road a mile or so past the church there in town. Just stay on that road. There are lots of little side roads and campsite on the way up but if you stay on the main dirt road it will take you all the way to the overlook.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! I'll definitely go check it out sometime soon.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely one of those iconic utah scenic places to visit. Did it a couple years ago.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Whoever has done this trail before, what's the terrain like?

Steep? Narrow? All dirt roads? Loose and rocky?

Thinking about taking the GF up with my 2WD PreRunner maybe next week.
And I don't wanna end up getting stuck in a spot if it'll just be she and I
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
Neighborhood Know-it-all

You'll be fine. It's all dirt roads once you leave Mantua. The roads are fairly well maintained all the way up. It's a good climb but nothing terribly steep or narrow. There might be a couple spots that are loose but unless its been raining and muddy you'll be just fine. Good scenic drive for you guys. I'm sure she'll enjoy it. If I were you I'd time it in the afternoon to watch the sunset from the summit. That would be killer.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
RMAN I just replied to your PM, pretty much the same as the responses above, very pretty ride, I spent the entire afternoon on it, getting out and hiking around a little bit so I would suggest you plan to be on it for a least 3 hours or so.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #14
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I lived somewhere to see things like that... Wish the taco was capable of getting somewhere to see something like that. LOL. But definitely great pics and it looks like it was an awesome time!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #15
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Wish I lived somewhere to see things like that... Wish the taco was capable of getting somewhere to see something like that. LOL. But definitely great pics and it looks like it was an awesome time!
What area do you live in? There's all sorts of mild trails all over the state. I'm willing to bet I have something in my collection you can do.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #16
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
What area do you live in? There's all sorts of mild trails all over the state. I'm willing to bet I have something in my collection you can do.
Sarasota/Bradenton, Fl. 5 lug capable trails?

OP sorry if this is going to wrong way here!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #17

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Sarasota/Bradenton, Fl. 5 lug capable trails?

OP sorry if this is going to wrong way here!
Oh, Florida is way too far for me to have info on. I only have stuff directly around utah.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Probably 90 min.