Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Offroading around St. Louis, MO?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Offroading around St. Louis, MO?

Anyone know where there are some trails around STL?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
I've been searching for the same thing. The only I've really come across is St. Joe state park. Google it - there's plenty of info on it. It doesn't really seem like my kind of thing though. I'd like to find somewhere with a little off roading, along with hiking and camping. I dont want to be camping 10 feet next to someone else, just to wake up and beat my '09 on trails that people are wheeling their modified jeeps, ATVs, and dirt bikes on.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:54 AM   #3
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLTaco09 View Post
I've been searching for the same thing. The only I've really come across is St. Joe state park. Google it - there's plenty of info on it. It doesn't really seem like my kind of thing though. I'd like to find somewhere with a little off roading, along with hiking and camping. I dont want to be camping 10 feet next to someone else, just to wake up and beat my '09 on trails that people are wheeling their modified jeeps, ATVs, and dirt bikes on.
I have heard about places that are in southern illinois...called elephant rock...and there are some places down by the ozarks...also down by float trippin country...black river..huzzah..etc....let me know if you find somewhere cool...cause Im dying to go...and I will do the same for you..
Old 02-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely will do.

Anyone else from the area, feel free to chime in here.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

darkturtleninja's Tacoma Gallery
hell we just go to the river bottoms here south of marshall,il..... i dont know about the camping and such but there is definately mud and sand...lol
Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know if elephant rocks has anything for trucks but they do have some pretty awesome camping and hiking. if they do have trails though that would be awesome
Old 06-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/marktwain/maps/ not very specific but a buddy of mine used to take his jeep down to mark twain alot
Old 06-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
I second Mark Twain National Forest. St. Joe state park was fun too, but the last I heard trucks and Jeeps were not allowed any more.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/marktwain/maps/ not very specific but a buddy of mine used to take his jeep down to mark twain alot

Was just reading, seems like its only for ATV/UTVs and that the max allowed width for trail riding was 50".
Old 07-18-2010, 05:09 AM   #10
bluetrd88 is on a distinguished road
Name: tom
bluetrd88's Tacoma Gallery
Google washita off road park. When I went every body was really nice . The first thing I heard from someone is nice truck sure you want to take it down there. They have a lot of trails ill have to post pics.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetrd88 View Post
Google washita off road park. When I went every body was really nice . The first thing I heard from someone is nice truck sure you want to take it down there. They have a lot of trails ill have to post pics.
Yeas I'd def like to see some pics. Did you go on the moderate trails? Was it challenging? There are a few others I've found around here too. Flat and nasty is one too.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #12
bluetrd88 is on a distinguished road
Name: tom
bluetrd88's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I put the pics in my album check it out.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #13

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time. I'll have to see about making it down there. If I do, I'll hit you up.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #14

yeah looks like fun maybe when i get some new tires and convince my dad...
Old 08-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #15
Shanran71 has a spectacular aura aboutShanran71 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Shannon
Shanran71's Tacoma Gallery
There is a private property place in Fulton MO....it is rough (more for ATV's or very seroius rigs)
Finger Lakes outside of Columbia (maybe restricted to ATV's these days?)
Also, a bit of a dirve: Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch (SMORR) in Seymore (SP) is a great place. Excellnet camping facilities. A toyota event is being held there the 25-26th of September.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #16

Cool. Ill have to look into that.

Im going on vacation to KY in a few weeks, going here...

http://www.lbl.org/OHVTrails.html

Ill keep everyone informed how it goes and take pics!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #17
Gimme some mud n ull have a good time
sil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sil3ncer7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sil3ncer7
I wanna be back home and not traveling (work) so I can hit up some trails!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #18
Shanran71 has a spectacular aura aboutShanran71 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Shannon
Shanran71's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tornadoalleycruisers.org/?page_id=39