1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice for tires on 6 inch lift!

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by gjbonner, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Jan 10, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    So I will be getting a 6 inch lift and I'm looking for tires and wheels. I would like to go with BFG A/T. My problem is knowing what size rim I should go with and what size tire. What is the right combo between rim and tire to get the most height out of it(for BFG A/T). Of course keeping in mind that I want to stay clear of having to re-gear my truck. How big can I go safely?

2. Jan 11, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i would guess a 10" wide rim would work.not sure of the backspacing. maybe have to add spacers.maybe someone else will chime in

Products Discussed in

To Top