Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

HomerTaco goes west....... ROAD TRIP!!!!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
King of the grill
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
HomerTaco goes west....... ROAD TRIP!!!!

I wanted to start a thread on this trip of mine.
I have had the good fortune to meet many members of the site in person over the last +2 years and having said that I'm going to be meeting up with a few more of my TW friends in the near Future.

I've been seriously planning this trip since January - but in reality I've wanted to do it since June of 2010.
In the summer of 2000 I took a two week long cross county road trip solo with my 1st gen:

That trip took me from Pa to Va out to the badlands then Devils Tower and Yellowstone...
It was an Epic journey at the time - and I wanted to repeat it on the 10yr anniversary in 2010. But with work & family that was just not in the cards.

So back in January Mr.Taco asked me what I wanted for my Birthday... I told her I wanted to go to Montana... Another solo road trip to see the country and at the same time meet up with some of the good folks I've come to know over the past couple years.
- She graciously agreed...
(BTW - Mrs.Taco is AWESOME!!!!)

So I'll be leaving Pennsylvania next Tuesday bound for Boseman Mt. for this Montana Meet that MTgirl has so kindly taken the time to put together:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...er-2012-a.html

This time the road trip will be taken with this:

My purpose for this thread is simply to document my trip & the people & places I see along the way...

Also VERY much looking forward to hitting the trails in MT... (hence the section I've posted in...)

My tentative plan is to leave on 8/21 in the afternoon and meet up with the Beech Creek crew at the BC Hotel for wings on Tues. night.

I don't have to be in MT to meet up with anyone until Friday around noon so whatever happens in between remains to be seen.... And that's the best part!
Open Road here I come...

(And all my love and appreciation to my wife Bonnie for her blessing of my adventure - I love you dear!)
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. If you ever make it out to the west coast, (long road trip!) come by and say hi!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome anytime in the OC!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Have fun! Sounds like something badass to do..I'd like to take a trip like that one of these days
Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery

Good luck!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
King of the grill
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixinus View Post
Very nice. If you ever make it out to the west coast, (long road trip!) come by and say hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Gumby status eh?

U know u gotta roof here if u make it this far buddy.......we can get u CPR certified too

No charge
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDirt View Post
Welcome anytime in the OC!
Thanks guys but not California this time...
Old 08-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck Craig! I doubt you will come through Kansas, but if you do and have problems on the way home let me know. I will do the drive up north to help you out. It will not be next week but the week after I could.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
Deathcure is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Deathcure's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery

love these road trip threads!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #13
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good time!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds awesome!! I definitely wanna go on a roadtrip one of these days! Have a safe trip Craig! Look forward to seeing some cool road trip pics
Old 08-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. I never called you back. Just remembered when I seen this thread. The voicemail you left me the other day... I got you man. Let me know when.

Safe trip brother.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing you're not going too far, you know, in case the world really does turn out to be flat...

Good luck!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #18
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed! Sounds like an awesome trip. I remember road tripping out that way when I was young, riding in the back of a truck with a camper shell and a mattress
Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
King of the grill

Thank you for all the well wishes everyone!

I forgot to mention in the OP that I also have two other 100% destinations on the itinerary... I'll be visiting the good folks at CBI in Little Falls Idaho and will also be making a stop at Devils Tower in Wyoming.
Not sure when on the trip but they'll happen.