Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Pros/Cons of fiberglass fenders

Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #21
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
I was lookin at glass too, Only problem I have is my allpro bumper it about 1.5 half to short to line up with the fenders, Just sayin I know you were lookin at the allpro bumper.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #22
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post
IMO you almost have to have a LT kit to make the glass fenders look good. Otherwise, the truck has a fat top, and no wide bottom to compensate.
Kinda what I figured...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
I was lookin at glass too, Only problem I have is my allpro bumper it about 1.5 half to short to line up with the fenders, Just sayin I know you were lookin at the allpro bumper.
I was wondering if it would work in the All Pro bumper... guess not.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #23
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was wondering if it would work in the All Pro bumper... guess not.[/quote]

Yea its been done, Dont really look bad just not for me, It would be nice to see allpro make some longer wings to work with the fiberglass fender.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #24
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Yea its been done, Dont really look bad just not for me, It would be nice to see allpro make some longer wings to work with the fiberglass fender.
Personal opinion here, but I'd be surprised if they did now that they have a LT kit that works with stock fenders. Would be a substantial investment to offer a modified bumper to work with fenders needed to run the competitions' products.

Still, it would be pretty killer!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Personal opinion here, but I'd be surprised if they did now that they have a LT kit that works with stock fenders. Would be a substantial investment to offer a modified bumper to work with fenders needed to run the competitions' products.

Still, it would be pretty killer!
x2, I would go for it
Old 01-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #26
max 13 is on a distinguished road
max 13's Tacoma Gallery
i installed the glass works unlimited front fenders and i had the opening in the fenderwell for my intake but i cut the side off the intake just inside the fenderwell on the bubble things that mounts to the fender itself and then took some of the left over fenderwell lining and bolted it up to cover the hole on the outside and no problems so far
Old 01-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #27
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i was also wondering about a glass hood. Guy over on CT makes them, and he does an awesome job. Just wondering how long its gonna last..Im wary of glass..buddy of mine had a glass hood fly up on him 3 times...lol
Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #28
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
he probly had some bad pin set ups.
theres a latching system you can use. there are also flip hing kits idk where to find them but you can get it so it opens like a corvet hood (i cant spell, your tax money at work. public schools dont work) you could use pins and there are also safty systems for dragsters. my cusin has a safty set up on his drag car. i think its chains and hooks on the under side of the hood as well as pins.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #29
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
hood wasnt pinned, just latched
Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #30
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

yeah that would be bad. i have a friend who had his stuff N rigged and it was loosly bolted on the hinges and the latch was bumping and the glass broke after about a month when he was driving on I80 and his hood fliped and skipped across I80
didnt hit any other cars! thank god. it was a kid in a rice burner tuner.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #31

Firefighter:
yup...i wont have a pinned hood either..HATE that look
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #32

oh wow! i think its sick just get the pins painted the color of the hood.
if its lifted with flairs it would look sicks.

its all in the drivers intrest.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #33
BushMaster
austin62 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Stanislaus Sherrifs Explorer
Name: austin
austin62's Tacoma Gallery
Is that stock width wheels and tires with no spacers ?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #34
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin62 View Post
Is that stock width wheels and tires with no spacers ?
This thread is almost 6 years old