Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Off road front bumpers? anyone...

Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
kingfish is on a distinguished road
kingfish's Tacoma Gallery
Off road front bumpers? anyone...

Hi guys, I have a 2008' 4x4, std. cab, 4 cyl....I bought it to use for camping in remote mountain areas, I fabed a frame over the bed and had a local awning company canvas a tent for the frame, in short, it came out perfect, my wife and I love it, and the freedom of being able to go anywhere (offroad) and get away from the travel trailers etc. and being off the ground (inside the bed) is much more secure and warmer, then a ground tent....when on the highway I remove the tent, and the frame has little to no drag.....now I am ready to make a few other changes...which brings me to my question..

I'm looking to change out the front bumper to something a little more "substantial" that can handle a winch???...any links?

Also, I have a bench seat, and would like to change it out to two bucket seats. I'm not concerned with the center console gap, I have other use for the space...anyone has changed out a 2008' std. cab, bench seat?

Thanks for any replies..Kingfish
Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Check out Allpro Offroad. They have the best looking aftermarket offroad bumpers out there (IMO).

Post pics of your bed tent thingamajober...
Old 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Welcome to TW, I am running the allpro plate bumper but if you lookin for a very solid bumper go ARB
Old 01-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
kingfish is on a distinguished road
kingfish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
Welcome to TW

Check out Allpro Offroad. They have the best looking aftermarket offroad bumpers out there (IMO).

Post pics of your bed tent thingamajober...
Thanks for the reply...I don't have any pics of the "tent and frame" at this time, but will post some shortly...give me a week or so...

Thanks, Kingfish
Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! Looks like longhorn named pretty much every bumper manufacturer for the 2nd gens so check those out. Lets see some pics of the truck!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
gpspowell will become famous soon enoughgpspowell will become famous soon enough
Navy: Viet Nam Veteran 1964-1967
gpspowell's Tacoma Gallery
I chose the ARB myself. Instead of mounting the winch I had a receiver installed. I carry the winch in the recovery box in the bed and mount the winch front or rear as the need arises. That keeps that extra 75+ pounds off the front suspension and I've never liked the amount of dirt and road salt the winch is exposed to when permanently mounted in the front bumper.