1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Off road front bumpers? anyone...

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by kingfish, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Jan 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM
    kingfish

kingfish [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 tacoma
    Hi guys, I have a 2008' 4x4, std. cab, 4 cyl....I bought it to use for camping in remote mountain areas, I fabed a frame over the bed and had a local awning company canvas a tent for the frame, in short, it came out perfect, my wife and I love it, and the freedom of being able to go anywhere (offroad) and get away from the travel trailers etc. and being off the ground (inside the bed) is much more secure and warmer, then a ground tent....when on the highway I remove the tent, and the frame has little to no drag.....now I am ready to make a few other changes...which brings me to my question..

I'm looking to change out the front bumper to something a little more "substantial" that can handle a winch???...any links?

Also, I have a bench seat, and would like to change it out to two bucket seats. I'm not concerned with the center console gap, I have other use for the space...anyone has changed out a 2008' std. cab, bench seat?

Thanks for any replies..Kingfish

2. Jan 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

Check out Allpro Offroad. They have the best looking aftermarket offroad bumpers out there (IMO).

Post pics of your bed tent thingamajober... :thumbsup:

3. Jan 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    Welcome to TW, I am running the allpro plate bumper but if you lookin for a very solid bumper go ARB

4. Jan 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    +1! Post pics of that tent and frame! :)

The All Pro bumper ( ) is what I'm looking at, but others out there are :
    www.demello-offroad.com
    www.roadarmor.com
    www.shrockworks.com
    www.arbusa.com

just to name a few.

Oh, and welcome!

5. Jan 12, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    kingfish

kingfish [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 tacoma
    Thanks for the reply...I don't have any pics of the "tent and frame" at this time, but will post some shortly...give me a week or so...

Thanks, Kingfish

6. Jan 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    welcome! Looks like longhorn named pretty much every bumper manufacturer for the 2nd gens so check those out. Lets see some pics of the truck!

7. Jan 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    gpspowell

gpspowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, TDR CAI, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Old Man Emu 2 1/2" lift kit (886s & Dakars), Full All Pro armor inc. locker guard, Custom fuel tank armor, All Pro Rock Sliders, ARB front bumper, IPF 800XS Driving Lights, Ramsey REP 8000 winch, Centerline wheels, 285X75X16 Michelin LT AT2s, Snug Top shell, SoundLinQ audio interface for my iPod.
    I chose the ARB myself. Instead of mounting the winch I had a receiver installed. I carry the winch in the recovery box in the bed and mount the winch front or rear as the need arises. That keeps that extra 75+ pounds off the front suspension and I've never liked the amount of dirt and road salt the winch is exposed to when permanently mounted in the front bumper.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top