Notices

EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA

Old 08-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
unstpible is on a distinguished road

Marines: terminal lance
Name: Derek
unstpible's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA

read through about 23 pages of this bull shit still aint finding shit. i give up and except this state as a giant shit hole.. "unless you can prove otherwise"

lend a helping hand or i may go on a shooting spree "probably not but it would ease my anger a lil" I NEED A DAMN TRAIL LOCAL SOME ONE GOT A PIECE OF PROPERTY THEY CRUZ ON OR ANY THING im a mad man on the loose give me some terrain to let loos on PS i would also like a place i could go for both seasonal hunting and just to let loose a few rounds any one got any thing let me know
Old 08-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
With all due respect, calm the fuck down asshead.
If you want to wheel, the uwharrie is the closest place to us. Croatan is illegal, and will net you a $150 ticket. That was two years ago when I helped pull my friend out, I'm sure it's gone up by now. You can go drive on the outer banks, take your fishing rods and relax.

Other than that, it's going to take a bit of driving. There is a place south of wilmington a little bit, mostly mud trails, but a small rock garden. I've gone up to Va a couple times on 72's and had a great time in the GWNF. About 8 hours to get there, but well worth it.
Check out NC4x4.com to find out all the other legal areas around us. Yes, Havelock is a shit hole, no need to throw a fit about it. Just fill up the gas tank and leave the local area.

I've been thinking of organizing a base off road club, if youre interested, pm me. Anyone in your unit into off roading? Doesn't matter the vehicle, it will be open to all. With the club, I want to set up a web site for information and discussion, plus do a monthly meeting. Might just be dinner at bdubs or something, but preferably try and plan a trip for at least every other month. Get out there, wheel, camp, drink, and meet others on the base who share our hobby.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
HKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really nice
Marines: Devil Dog Extraordinaire
Name: Cameron
HKRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineTacoDriver View Post
With all due respect, calm the fuck down asshead.
If you want to wheel, the uwharrie is the closest place to us. Croatan is illegal, and will net you a $150 ticket. That was two years ago when I helped pull my friend out, I'm sure it's gone up by now. You can go drive on the outer banks, take your fishing rods and relax.

Other than that, it's going to take a bit of driving. There is a place south of wilmington a little bit, mostly mud trails, but a small rock garden. I've gone up to Va a couple times on 72's and had a great time in the GWNF. About 8 hours to get there, but well worth it.
Check out NC4x4.com to find out all the other legal areas around us. Yes, Havelock is a shit hole, no need to throw a fit about it. Just fill up the gas tank and leave the local area.

I've been thinking of organizing a base off road club, if youre interested, pm me. Anyone in your unit into off roading? Doesn't matter the vehicle, it will be open to all. With the club, I want to set up a web site for information and discussion, plus do a monthly meeting. Might just be dinner at bdubs or something, but preferably try and plan a trip for at least every other month. Get out there, wheel, camp, drink, and meet others on the base who share our hobby.
Sub'd

Ive got orders to LeJeune early 2013. i was hoping the off road situation was better then FL. there is a few trails here, but mostly mudd and water, nothing technical or overly challenging. i hate playing in the mudd so thats a no go for me.

im from GA and used to challenging and technical forest roads, washouts, hill climbs etc. Just a pain in the ass the little bit of places i find here i have to take a looooooong drive. i was hoping NC was better
Old 08-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Theres great wheeling in NC...it just happens to be on the opposite side of the state. I'm always down for a road trip, so anyone feel free to hit me up if you want to head out somewhere.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineTacoDriver View Post
Theres great wheeling in NC...it just happens to be on the opposite side of the state. I'm always down for a road trip, so anyone feel free to hit me up if you want to head out somewhere.
^Correct, the coast is nothing but mud, sand, water and flatland. There are places you just have to talk to the locals. But yea the foothills are a good place for hilly trails and stuff.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #6

good luck when you get out here maybe by then ill find a local that ownes some land im currently working on 2 different locals with hunting lands to see if i cant get something worked out
Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

Name: wyatt
AddicTioN's Tacoma Gallery
dont know to much on the coast mainly just places to mud..but up here in the foothills and mountains we can hit a trail just about anytime we want..
Old 09-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #8
Qualla900 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: NC Level 2 Firefighter and EMT
Name: Johnathon
Qualla900's Tacoma Gallery
Western part of the state is where you need to come to. I have a few I few trails within 20 miles that I can ride..
Old 09-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #9

i would love to hit up some foot hills it they werent to far away
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to see what your truck really has make a lil ride to Windrock Park in Oak Ridge, TN.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #11

Back in my home state now woot. No mas mud and sand, rocks and hills babi