Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Tacoma vs Fullsize Offroad Capabilities

Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma vs Fullsize Offroad Capabilities

Alright guys so here's the deal. Some buddies of mine have fullsize v8 4x4 trucks like f150's and silverado 1500's but I elected to get a 3.4L V6 Tacoma SR5 4x4 Tacoma (for obvious reasons, such as the Toyota's reliability and sheer awesomeness). Obviously, since we tend to be pretty competitive, we argue about who's truck is better Offroad. We've tested them in mud but haven't been in any mud tough enough to really prove anything. So my question to y'all is what can I say to these guys to get them off my back about having a compact truck? I personally think mine is better Offroad and love mine. So preach on, you die-hard Tacoma owners. List pros of the light and compact 1st gen Tacomas. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
go find some real trails. the tighter the trail the better it will look for you.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Tell them that their shit talking is just a childish attempt to make their shitty trucks seem better.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
As far as mud goes horsepower usually wins the day. But when it comes to any other type of offroading your Toyota will be tops.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Really through any truck can do almost everything depending on mods and driver skill. Just ignore them.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
lets see who truck is still running strong on the trails after 400k + miles
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
As far as mud goes horsepower usually wins the day. But when it comes to any other type of offroading your Toyota will be tops.
I've pulled my friend's F-150 out of 3 inches of mud. but my dad has gotten me out of more situations with his 4x4 F-150 than I would care to mention.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
Banned
Oh and in before this turns into a fanboy fapper thread...too late.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
lets see who truck is still running strong on the trails after 400k + miles
This^
Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haha I knew you guys would come through for me. Keep em comin boys.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post
I've pulled my friend's F-150 out of 3 inches of mud. but my dad has gotten me out of more situations with his 4x4 F-150 than I would care to mention.
I'm not saying Tacomas can't do mud pits. I'm just saying more horsepower makes it easier. I've driven my old 4runner through many mud pits. But I stayed out of the deep stuff for obvious reasons.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Tell them your dad can beat up their dad
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
Banned
Tell them derp derp herp derp.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
yank em out when they get stuck. dont boast. play it out like its no big deal.
Will the spacer lift handle pulling a truck out?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
Banned
A Jeep would dominate all.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #19
Talk slow, shoot fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
A Jeep would dominate all.
Although I'm new to this forum, from what I've gathered so far, those are fightin words around here lol