Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

4 wheel'n in rochester, ny

Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
4 wheel'n in rochester, ny

I might be moving to the rochester, new york area. Anyone know how the wheeling is out there???
Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Grew up in western Mass which I think would be similar to upstate NY.
Snow.
Logging roads/hardwood forests.
Some shale/rock.
Lots of mud in spring.

Big culture shock coming from the desert
Wonder if Kodak is still there ?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My father-in-law used to work for Kodak. He wants the family to move up there. Next I guess I'll be looking for work there. lol. Thank for the reply.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
My father-in-law used to work for Kodak. He wants the family to move up there. Next I guess I'll be looking for work there. lol. Thank for the reply.
I live in Crapchester, there is not a lot going on, and as for work even less, if you have work where you are, stay put.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
I might be moving to the rochester, new york area. Anyone know how the wheeling is out there???
Look in Wyoming County and Allegany County. Plenty of places if you look hard enough.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
daleclough is on a distinguished road
daleclough's Tacoma Gallery
Buffalo here (recently moved)....
Old 01-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Look in Wyoming County and Allegany County. Plenty of places if you look hard enough.
Letchworth State Park (The 'Grand Canyon of the East') is in Wyoming County and Allegany State Park is in Allegany. I think Allegany State Park is the better bet. Letchworth is more hiking i think. Perhaps 'Google' these and see what they might have....

Either way, there are abandoned gravel pits and the like in many areas across Western New York where you can make your own action. To boldly go where not to many have gone before, so to speak.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Thanks everyone. I'll leave this post up for a few to see if anyone has more ideas. I have plenty of work here in Cali, but all the wifes family is on the east coast. The economy just sucks right now as we all know so work is a major concern. I won't go without a secure job. I just love wheeling and want to have some where I go.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you're gonna be able to find nearly as many areas to wheel here in the east. I see all the pictures of the areas you westerners have access to and I get soooooo jealous.