1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eglin Monster Meet with FJCruiserForums.com

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Brunes, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Jan 18, 2009 at 1:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I finally got to wheel Corbin around a bit...I met up with some friends from FJCruisers and we got about 30 trucks of varied mod status out on the trails. A few bone stockers (like me and the run leader-as he had sunk his previous FJ) and a few guys who were modded out (There was a 6 inch lift on an FJ, and a FourRunner with a great one off set up rear bumper and a great build all the way around.

Click on any of the pics to see the whole collection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The NICE FourRunner:
    [​IMG]
    The trails end- We did a group photo and then lit a fire and cooked some shrimps...
    [​IMG]
    Glamour Shot
    [​IMG]
    Not TOO much mud- It was a dry day and the one GOOD water crossing had consumed an FJ in the recent past- and the HOLE the truck left was still there- so we had to go around...
    [​IMG]

PS- If you are ever near Pensacola- let me know and I can show you this stuff!!

2. Jan 18, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Indigo, Lifted, Flowmaster
    Skyjacker 3" Lift, 285/75/R16 Toyo M/T tires/ Eagle Alloy Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Pioneer Din Head Unit, Viper Alarm/Remote Start System, Debadged, DT Headers, True Flow Intake
    I live in Pensacola. I would love to go see some of the trails out in Eglin.

3. Jan 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...Totally worth it- If you like to camp/hike/hunt/fish/offroad/ride dirtbikes or quads/or horses.

You have to have a pass (See the info below) It's 10 bucks for the regular pass and like 50 for the hunting/fishing pass- or a 100 dollar or more ticket if you get caught.

4. Jan 18, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Skyjacker 3" Lift, 285/75/R16 Toyo M/T tires/ Eagle Alloy Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Pioneer Din Head Unit, Viper Alarm/Remote Start System, Debadged, DT Headers, True Flow Intake
    Really? Hunting? Just like small animals or what?

5. Jan 18, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I'm not a big hunter- but the info packet has seasons for Deer, Hog, Turkey, Quail, Gray Squirrel, Rabbit, Dove, Raccoon, Possum, Coyote, Nutria, Skunk and Beaver.

There are a fair few rules- but it seems like good area.

6. Jan 18, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Great pics :thumbsup:

7. Jan 18, 2009 at 2:38 PM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    That's awesome.

Do you live in Pensacola?

8. Jan 18, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    redrazr

redrazr Psalm 118:5-6

Member:
    Baker, FL
    Vehicle:
    2001 Xtracab TRD PreRunner
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear, Method NV Diamond wheels, Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 265/75-16's
    hey Brunes, i think i saw your truck the day after Thanksgiving in Pensacola. you were stopped at a light between Cordova mall and Sacred Heart. i was driving through the mall parking lot and stopped about 20 feet from you to check out your truck. :D looks great man.

9. Jan 19, 2009 at 5:37 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...Just north of I-10 of Davis

I think I actually noticed you too- Cause I saw the bright red stopped....Mutual admiration-Totally the way to be!!

10. Jan 19, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Well, I think we should get a panhandle meet going sometime.

There are a few more people on here that live near us than I thought.

11. Jan 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Bumpity Bump

Seriously. Panhandle meet. I can never go to the Florida meets cause they are about 8 hours away. Anyone?

12. Jan 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    redrazr

Member:
    Baker, FL
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear, Method NV Diamond wheels, Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 265/75-16's
    i'm in dude. but i'm 2wd :(

for now :D

13. Jan 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    I am too. There isnt really anything for 4wd around here anyways.

14. Jan 21, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    I am over in Niceville so I am up for a meet and greet sometime.

You can definately hunt out of EGLIN reservation for deer, hogs, whatever. There is some good fishing out there too. Deer season can be tricky though as you ussually run into many other hunters while out there. I live on the edge of the reservation so I just shoot them and drag them into my back yard.

15. Jan 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Haha. I guess that's the best way to do it.

:laser: :deadhorse: :burnrubber:

16. Jan 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    redrazr

Member:
    Baker, FL
    Vehicle:
    date???

17. Jan 21, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Uhh. Hmm. Idk. I'm busy as a mother right now.

Yea, I still find time for TW.

I will put up a thread specific for just Florida Panhandle.

The we can see what comes up.

18. Jan 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    When it warms the hell back up. Im not going outside till it hits 60 again so next week maybe. no

seriously though, Im unavailable til after 1st week of Feb. Lets do it though.

19. Jan 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Looks like fun. Best part of Pensacola that I found was McGuire's. They had one of the best Porters I've ever had. And the steak was good.

20. Mar 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    aKabar7

aKabar7 Hook-Line-Sinker

Member:
    Milton, FL
    Vehicle:
    '10 Mag Grey 4x4 DCSB TRD Sport
    6" Pro Comp Stage II lift, Running boards, tint, Tuxedo LoPro QT tonneau, Flowmaster 50 series single in/dual out, aFe Pro Dry S, EGR in-channel wind deflectors.
    Not trying to bring this thread back from the dead, but TS that looks like Scavans Point! I live in Milton and my in-laws live right off of blackwater bay. We go to Scavans by boat all the time. I've only made the trip with my taco once so far though.

Products Discussed in

To Top