Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Colorado help! Tincup Hancock in November?

Old 10-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
trint99 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trint
trint99's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado help! Tincup Hancock in November?

It's been about 10 years since I lived in Colorado so help my faulty memory.

What kind of conditions can I expect if I do the Tincup loop around Thanksgiving? Cold is not a concern. Trails blocked by snow is.

I'm trying to decide what to do that week (since I'm free from the family for once).

Driving a bone stock TRD/OR. I've got lots of trail experience, but my truck is a virgin.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #2

trint99's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't done the trail, but would venture it will be impassible from snow, unless it does not snow from now until then. I would suggest lower elevations to have a chance of being open. Are you staying out that way, or just want to do that trail?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #4

trint99's Tacoma Gallery
I did the tin cup loop back in the 90's in my stock Ford Explorer and a couple of years ago on a dirt bike, so I have some familiarity with it. I know it's possible to solo in a stock truck. That's why I picked it. But I'm flexible.

We may end up staying further north, along I-70 and venturing to Aspen.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #5
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
The mountains already got hit with snow last weekend. I'm guessing they'll have a couple feet by thanksgiving.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i will go with a big NO...it will definitely be snow covered by then and not passable in a bone stock anything

even with winches and big tires it would be almost impassable as the upper section is above treeline and you wouldn't have any recovery points to use