LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Basic off road recovery equipment

Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery
Basic off road recovery equipment

I bought a ARB snatch strap, Smitty Built shackles, and Smitty Built hitch receiver shackle. Going to get a High Lift once I have my tool box. What other basic bits of kit do you find yourself using regularly? Manufacturers and models that have stood up well and you would buy again....save me from buying poor quality!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
I use the heck out of my backcountry snow shovel when going backcountry skiing. The next most used item is a good pair of deerskin work gloves, they never leave my truck.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
DitchDoc is on a distinguished road

EMS: Paramedic
DitchDoc's Tacoma Gallery
I like keeping some basic tools as well. Jumper cables. Gloves for sure. Fuses are good too. Sometimes it maybe something simple like that will help get you home.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i don’t have much in the truck right now. because i’m out of space... but i have a snatch strap from norther tools. it’s rated a lot higher than what our trucks weigh, but i got it on sell for $35. i need to get 2 d-ring hitch shackles, yes i’m going to get 2 just incase someone i’m trying to pull out dose not have one. plain on getting tool box, and i’ll have A LOT more stuff. list a few, hitch shackles, old army trench shovel(we have one and don’t use it, so i will and it’s not to big) plain on getting a hi lift, air pump.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
2 tow straps
8 flares
11 in 1 screw driver by klein
6" & 8" crescent and channel locks
dikes
small WD 40 can
leatherman
2 powerfull tactical flashlights
razor knife
small roll of gorilla duct tape
electric tape
nitril gloves
demo bar tool by dead on
100' of para cord
rags
toilet paper(A MUST)
hi lift
deerskin gloves
2 water bottles that never leave (emergency)
ear plugs (for those spur shoots)

and a bunch of other stuff, this was off the top of my head
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Winch
Snatch Strap
Tree Trunk protector
Winch Extension Strap
Hi-lift with base, accessories, fix it kit, off road kit
Shovel
air compressor
Tire Inflation kit with patches
Snatch Block
Recovery shackles
Fire extinguisher
first aid kit
gloves
basic hand tools
jumper cables
rope
duct tape
electrical tape
bailing wire
WD40
diff oil
engine oil
anti-freeze
water and food sul basic things off the top of my head. Use most of these (with exception of the fire extinguisher and oil damn near every trip)

Names such as ARB, masterpull, warn come to mind
Nice list..I carry all that plus much more but mostly in spare parts lol. I would add to the list zipties , JB weld, a small 4x6' tarp oil, catch can and a few various sized hose clamps as well
Old 10-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
recovery tools..as a stuck truck?

shovel, and gloves. i carry several pairs of gloves..easier to keep friends digging when you have gloves for them. a "come-along" wont suck either.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #8

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Nice list..I carry all that plus much more but mostly in spare parts lol. I would add to the list zipties , JB weld, a small 4x6' tarp oil, catch can and a few various sized hose clamps as well
Totally forgot about the zip ties. I grabbed a huge handful from one of my electricians. Zip ties work for everything, almost as useful as duct tape.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i keep like 1500 or 200 zip ties, 2 rolls of duct tape. (gray and the HD clear, clear could be used on a mirror or head/fog light or tail light.

list a few more.
gloves
jumper cables
some basic hand tools, need more.
550 pera cord.
electrical tape
WD-40
2 flash lights, 3d mag light and a small led one that runs on 3 AAA, i keep extra batters for both.
have other stuff. like i said i also a lot on a list to add when i get tool box.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
also

TP.

2 rolls.

just in case.

most important.
Babywipes works way better while on the trail ..on everything from the bum to the face
Old 10-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Also, head lamp. It's nice to have the extra hand you would use to hold a flashlight free.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #13

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Babywipes works way better while on the trail ..on everything from the bum to the face
AHHHH, so true! GOTTA have a clean everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Also, head lamp. It's nice to have the extra hand you would use to hold a flashlight free.
That too.

The demo bar works great for everything from pounding out bent sheet metal to prying shit that gets stuck. Plus I am in construction so I use it for everything. Keep it under the driver seat.

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-On-AN18-A.../dp/B001SEQH1I
Old 10-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #14

Quote:
thats what monkey has you for right? JKJK. i could not resist...
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
thats what monkey has you for right? JKJK. i could not resist...
C'mon.. You're better than that!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #16

Quote:
C'mon.. You're better than that!
in what way? nicer? or because i did not say get back in the kitchen yet?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
Power Top

Wow
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
she's going to kill you.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #19
Never take the bait

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You went with an obvious move, with poor execution. I'm gonna have to pull you out. Good game.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #20
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
she's going to kill you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Damn this thread went to shit lol. Sounds like TACO721 needs a recovery from the dog house
i dont even get to say that without getting into trouble myself