Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The best way to get your truck unstuck out of mud?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #41
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
okay!

Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #42
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Theres my ramps right there.

I'll still cut down a tree if need be.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #43
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Best bet in the snow is to always bring a shovel. Might take a bit, but you can pretty much always shovel your way out.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #44
hetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant future
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
The official "Pioneer Kit" for my M37 contains a short handed shovel, pick-mattock and michigan style ax. Plus with the troop seats full of soldiers, plenty of muscle to dig and push.

Now imagine the hole that would require 10 men with pick and shovel to free you from.

Howard
Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #45
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Best bet in the snow is to always bring a shovel. Might take a bit, but you can pretty much always shovel your way out.

I agree... you can almost always dig down

having a passenger / digger is always good to
Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #46
ich bin die Scheiße
IBATanker is on a distinguished road

Army: bad mo fo
Name: Chuck
IBATanker's Tacoma Gallery
Well my next mod is to put on better tires like mudders.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #47
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Kinetic energy ropes help. They will give a little more pull if the truck that is pulling is the same size or smaller. In a pinch you can hook a strap to each truck with a tire (no rim) in the middle and it works better than nothing. The tire is screwed when your done though.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I agree... you can almost always dig down

having a passenger / digger is always good to

I one time ran into a guy in a 1st gen shoveling his way out by a local resevoir. Asked if he wanted a pull, he told me he had it. I think he had spent so much time at it that he was hell bent on it working at that point. He had what you had dug but was digging a semi circle so he could turn around. Must've taken hours. I kept on driving, before passing two more stuck vehicles, and eventually I stuck myself after forging a lot of new road. Used the ol pallet and winch trick since I had to get turned around. Winched myself forward out of the hole and rolled back onto a pallet while turning. Took a while but finally got all the way turned around and headed back. When I passed the two vehicles, the owners were there, I pulled them out and they offered to smoke me out. I said thanks for the offer boys but no thanks, and headed back home. 1st gen dude must've gotten himself out because I didn't see him on the way back.

inb4 cool story bro
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #49
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I one time ran into a guy in a 1st gen shoveling his way out by a local resevoir. Asked if he wanted a pull, he told me he had it. I think he had spent so much time at it that he was hell bent on it working at that point. He had what you had dug but was digging a semi circle so he could turn around. Must've taken hours. I kept on driving, before passing two more stuck vehicles, and eventually I stuck myself after forging a lot of new road. Used the ol pallet and winch trick since I had to get turned around. Winched myself forward out of the hole and rolled back onto a pallet while turning. Took a while but finally got all the way turned around and headed back. When I passed the two vehicles, the owners were there, I pulled them out and they offered to smoke me out. I said thanks for the offer boys but no thanks, and headed back home. 1st gen dude must've gotten himself out because I didn't see him on the way back.

inb4 cool story bro
Be careful man! Brunes might come after you for mentioning illicit drugs!

(awesome story btw )
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #50

lol thanks, I thought it was kinda funny at any rate!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #52
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post

inb4 cool story bro

I have done that before. It's pride, self reliance, and a thick head rolled into one. If I'm by myself and get stuck using a hi lift and shovel reminds me to be more cautious the next time.

When I did this

got myself all dug out

hole tire dug

truck jacked up, hole filled, base for traction

Then when I'm all done a dude pulls up in a Jeep and asks if I need help. I said "I'm all good".

He watched me get it out. Then we followed each other around the trails hitting harder and harder obstacles until we both needed each others help getting unstuck.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #54
gwos25 is on a distinguished road
Name: Gary
gwos25's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty cool that a the mud faries just showed up over night and got you out. I carry two recovery straps (20 and a 30'), a 20' tow strap, two tree saver straps, a hi-lift, with the ORK (winch kit) and 20' of chain. I usally wheel with a buddy that has a winch though, so my gear doesn't see much use. I got stuck once trying to get another guy out, we both ended up waiting around for a jeep to come by and winch us out. IF I had the kit I carry now, we would have been on our merry way in very little time.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #55
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
I remember the first time my buddy ever got stuck too. We spent about six hours digging the damn Suburban out of the mud. We damn near built a bridge with wood to dry ground, lifted the truck with a shitty jack, dropped it on the wood and drove it out.
What you need:
- Shovel (for you)
- Shovel (for your buddy)
- Jack (hi-lift with rim clamp)
- Boots
- Tampon remover
- Recovery gear ( for who ever comes to pull you out)
- Experience ( start small. If not, be willing to get messy)
Just some advice.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #56
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwos25 View Post
Pretty cool that a the mud faries just showed up over night and got you out. I carry two recovery straps (20 and a 30'), a 20' tow strap, two tree saver straps, a hi-lift, with the ORK (winch kit) and 20' of chain. I usally wheel with a buddy that has a winch though, so my gear doesn't see much use. I got stuck once trying to get another guy out, we both ended up waiting around for a jeep to come by and winch us out. IF I had the kit I carry now, we would have been on our merry way in very little time.
This is the exact reason I have a winch on my rear. Always remember you can never be over prepared.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #57
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Running start with a strap has always worked for me, use the biggest truck willing to do it.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #58
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBATanker View Post
This is how she is sitting right now.

Dont go Ditch Diving. That can fuck so shit up in a real quick hurry.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #59
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxxY-xxB0A

Old 02-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #60
VA6DCO

Ive been stuck in shit like that on damn near level ground, slipperier than ice.