Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Gusset up my sliders?

Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Have they bent at all? do you use them that hard? if you dont wheel that hard i dont see the need too
Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i agree with the above post. If you dont really beat on 'em then i wouldnt worry about it. You should be fine
Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
weld or bolt on? If there welded on, sounds like the welds may not be the best
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
i don't know if i would gusset them, your frame needs a certain amount of "twist" and you don't want to brace heck out of it and crack or break something
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i'd gusset them man......................makes them extra strong, and unless you go crazy and land on some big rocks from a high fall or some shit.......i doubt you'll tweak the frame anyway.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #9

Firefighter:
If the sliders them selves bent, theres other problems then gusseting them.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't do it -- bend the sliders... not the frame...
Old 01-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #11
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have sliders yet but from what I've seen here the shrockworks don't bend no matter what and if there not twisting anybodys frame why would making your all pros stronger twist your frame just a thought from a guy that really don't know shit So if you take my advice and shit breaks sorry. But you know chris should be here any min to give you a technical explaination and prove my theory wrong witch it probably is so this was a useless post kinda.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
extra steel brackets in the joints to help strengthen the sliders. Your's didn't need it.
Ah gotcha... lets hope not. They've already held up to an Altima's door swinging open due to the wind we've been having lately.
I laughed when I saw the woman's reaction.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #15
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
I haven't bent them, but I know a guy that has them, used them as a jack point for his HiLift and now they rattle his cab. Just trying to avoid that...
that sounds like he bent the sliders up enough to where they hit on the pinch weld under the cab. i had some jackasses weld the sliders on my 07 and they welded them too high and everytime i'd hit a bump, they'd rub/rattle/make a noise. i had them welded right on the 09, used it as a lift point many times, and no probs at all
Old 01-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
that sounds like he bent the sliders up enough to where they hit on the pinch weld under the cab. i had some jackasses weld the sliders on my 07 and they welded them too high and everytime i'd hit a bump, they'd rub/rattle/make a noise. i had them welded right on the 09, used it as a lift point many times, and no probs at all
Got a pic of the gap?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Got a pic of the gap?
not on me....at work now.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #18
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
if you want some quality tube sliders with the kickout and an even better price hit up 4xinnovations! i've got their DOM sliders w/kickout and i've done some pretty rough beating on them. no problems what so ever. i would recommend them to anyone!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jason I wouldn't bother gusseting them. Those things are made from some cheap Chinese steel or something. Its gonna bend no matter what. His sliders now have dents in them where they kick out from coming into contact with rocks. The welds on them are fine, the shop who did it does tube buggies and rock crawlers all day long. Its not the welds. For those of you who "Swear by AllPro sliders" because they look cool. Best of luck to you when you need them. Save your money and wait in line for Shrockworks.
*ahem* if i may...shrockworks makes a FINE quality product...however if you have access to a good offroad shop or local fab guy who builds things for the offroad world...they can PROBABLY overbuild you something similar for a similar if not lower cost

i have no doubts in my mind that mine will hold up even if i flop the truck onto one of them and put the entire weight down onto it...and i paid less than $400 for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
if you want some quality tube sliders with the kickout and an even better price hit up 4xinnovations! i've got their DOM sliders w/kickout and i've done some pretty rough beating on them. no problems what so ever. i would recommend them to anyone!
ive personally seen a set of their HREW sliders bend and dent...on the same rock

I'm a firm believer that regardless of the fact that it may save you some money...if you are planning on doing ANY wheeling and you arent just using the sliders as a door ding stopper...you should have DOM tube...HREW just aint gonna hold up the abuse that DOM will
Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And if you can find such a shop, you probably won't be waiting in line for weeks on end. I know guys around here who get a set made in a day. And they are very strong, built from DOM... the only material you should use.
bingo...i drove up to get mine done...we designed, built, welded, and painted them in 1 day...and i paid for them and drove home...simple as that