Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Your biggest DERP !!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #121
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Really only two that come to mind:

Backing up into a 25 foot high snow bank in Wolf Creek's parking lot. Clearly the iceberg wasn't big enough in 3 of my mirrors. Crushed my rear bumper in a spot and dented the shit out of the body just below the passenger side tail light.

Then this:

The derp wasn't so much the blast to the rocker panel itself as it was putting myself in that situation: 4-wheeling alone and no air compressor so I couldn't air down. I feel the latter may have saved my rocker panel and possibly the former too if the other in my party said, "no let's not go that way."
I see you have yourself a set of BFG all tees. Are they load rating E. I have the same tires and was curious about the safest air down pressure with these tires. I was a little apprehensive my last time out and only went to 15 psi, really had terrible traction in the snow and on ice. I know that when you jump from the 31" to the 34.5" the winter rating is removed.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #122
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Ok just to be clear (because I have no witness) by law this is my fault. I waited to see what my insurance comp had to say about it before I admitted it to be "my" derp.
Clearing an intersection when the light went red. Somebody didnt stop and by law I was making the turn so its my unsafe left turn " I swear he was stopping".
The only thing that matters is everyone is ok and escaped without injury. Plus they were the nicest people I have ever met, couldnt be mad this time of the year. Oh and my truck escaped with only minor injury.
Your biggest DERP !!-img00747-20121221-1916.jpg

Your biggest DERP !!-img00746-20121221-1916.jpg
Old 12-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #123
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Never derped up my truck off road, but have many times on quads and motorcycles. Way too many derps to post.

You might ask yourself why I drove into a gigantic pit of bay mud, I ask myself the same question. But that was about 8 years ago so..

I am also perfecting the head first on your back skiing technique.

The one of my old truck want my fault. Some douche t-boned me.
Attached Thumbnails
Your biggest DERP !!-189638_1285885325022_5433481_n.jpg   Your biggest DERP !!-224651_1782961294740_4991394_n.jpg   Your biggest DERP !!-p8262629.jpg   Your biggest DERP !!-399301_10151349633539101_513667449_n.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #124
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
DERP!

Your biggest DERP !!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357242850.360922.jpg
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #125
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
i know you were pulling out a submerged jeep in there
Old 01-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #126
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
i know you were pulling out a submerged jeep in there
roger that!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #127
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post

Haha, nice !!....

Ya know seeing some of your guys derps makes me feel a little better about mine....
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #128
Kentucky hillbilly
Spektre21 is on a distinguished road

Army: Kentucky Army National Guard Field Artillery
Name: Kyle
Spektre21's Tacoma Gallery
This topic has been immensely entertaining. I'll chime in (don't have any pics, though).

First major one was in my first car (a 97 Camry) when I was 16 or 17. I was driving home one night in heavy rain and thought I was the baddest driver around. Granted, I knew that little car pretty damn well and just how it handled, but I got a little too ballsy and decided to "drift" through some turns. First 2 went quite well. It's when I hit the third curve at 50MPH and pulled just hard enough on the E brake to lose control that things went south real quick. I over corrected (of course), "re-corrected," and finally turn 180* and slid off the 15 foot embankment somehow managing to dodge 4 huge trees on my jolting decent. That night put the much needed fear of God in me.

The second face palm moment is Taco related. I had just, a week prior, got my 06 4x4 DCSB sport 6 speed home from the dealership (this past May). The truck was in excellent shape aside from some tire wear, no body defects whatsoever. I decide to take her out on a maiden 4x4 voyage to the back of the farm. Everything goes well nearly the entire time of navigating logs, sink holes, creeks, ditches, rocks, hills, etc., was loving my new truck right up until I decide to head home and drive fairly quickly through a flat grass field where I knew there were no obstructions (so I thought). Turns out there had been a rather large tree downed since the last time I was there (more than the clearance offered by my stock truck on 265/70/17's). I never knew what happened until I had cleared it and went back to see what had fallen off the truck. Sure enough I found the downed tree trunk laying right next to my now dislodged spare tire...
Luckily, upon further inspection I discovered the only other damage was to the now warped skid plate I was very happy to have installed.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #129
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Haha, nice !!....

Ya know seeing some of your guys derps makes me feel a little better about mine....
for me...

it just comes natural
Old 01-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #130
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #133
Keep Trucking
Chopper84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Chopper84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post

did you not tighten the wheel or break the lugs????
Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #135
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
derp

snow derp on drift

branch derp

so many other stupid things I have done in my truck it boggles my mind how I didn't blow it up earlier
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #136
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
derp

snow derp on drift

branch derp

so many other stupid things I have done in my truck it boggles my mind how I didn't blow it up earlier
I think I remember something from that first pic.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #137
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
lets just say dont ride a dirtbike hungover...

day one about an hour after the ride..... yess kiddies I finished my ride on a fucked up leg

and day 2 when i got home LOL

^^^^Posting a picture while taking a shit... priceless LMFAO!!^^^^
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #139
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan3306 View Post
^^^^Posting a picture while taking a shit... priceless LMFAO!!^^^^

Hahaha, thats some funny shit right there, I never noticed he was on the shitter....

ANDREW EXPLAIN YOURSELF !!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #140
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP