1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Impromptu trail ride through the HNF

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by adrstout, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Oct 29, 2012 at 4:44 AM
    adrstout

adrstout [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    '12 4cyl SR5 4x4
    2.5" lift, 265/75r16 Cooper AT3, All Pro Front Skid, KBVoodoo bed rack, a bunch of other random stuff
    So I took off into the Hoosier National Forest about a week ago to sight in my Ruger 10/22 and do a little target shooting with my 1911.

Hillbilly shooting bench....:cool:
    [​IMG]

Then I went for a little drive and found a nice spot where the road becomes un-maintained by the Forest Service and then turns into an all out 4x4 trail.

Here's a few pictures. I didn't get too crazy or go too far back since I was alone in a stock truck-besides yellow wire and diff breather mods. All I've got are iPhone pics and obviously no action shots since I was alone.

I took a pic bypassing this water hole but I did go through it earlier. Just deep enough to pucker the butt when I was half way through!

[​IMG]

There were quite few smaller holes filled with water on the way in/out as well.

[​IMG]

Ass-flex...

[​IMG]

Few small rock ledges-nothing crazy going up this hill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After playing around where a few trails criss-cross at the top of the hill, I headed back. I had other things to do that day and hadn't planned to play around this long anyway. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone from Southern Indiana wants to get together and wheel, let me know!

Products Discussed in

To Top