Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

MF-1050 Mods-air compressor

Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
NorCal Rock Whore
Killer Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Whatsurname
Killer Red Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up MF-1050 Mods-air compressor

mods please move the appropriate place.

I am opening up this thread to every one who has bought Master Flow MF-1050 or also the MV-1050 same air compressor. I will start with my mods so far.

I will post up some pics if you want them.

Converting the hose outlet from 1/8 npt to 1/4 npt.
(reason the current hose connector is crap and not a standard size)

Step 1. Jump in the taco and go to the local tool store and buy a 1/4 npt tap. Also buy your 1/4 hose fitting quick connector and male ends and a hose end for tire stems.
(skip step 1 if you already have this tap)

Step 2. Remove top of the compressor via the 4 allen head blots and the secure in a vise.Remove the old hose connector.

Step 3. You don't need to drill out the old outlet. start the tap in the hole.

Step 4. Get your can of lube like WD-40 and spray the hole as you run the tap in. Only go about halfway and back it out. Try the fitting and see if fits. If it does put some teflon tape on it and tighten it. If it doesn't run the tap in some more. Caution a hose thread tap is tapered and gets bigger at the top!

That should finish up the the compressor and now the hose that came with won't work so you will need to buy a standard 1/4 coil hose, I got 50ft coil but it is long.

I think I will work on pics, it will make more sense.

Future mods will be to open up the holes on top of the piston.

Post up your mods!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
The stock power cable isn't long enough to reach the rear tires. I bought a $10 "booster cable" set from auto zone, cut the clamps off one end, cut the clamps off the MV1050, and splice the wires together. Now I can reach all 4 tires with ease.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
You know what would be sweeter...just get that sucker installed in your bay and turn it on at the flip of a switch!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
You know what would be sweeter...just get that sucker installed in your bay and turn it on at the flip of a switch!
portable onboard air installation from 4x4wire.com using the MF-1050...

http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/portable_oba/
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
portable onboard air installation from 4x4wire.com using the MF-1050...

http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/portable_oba/
That looks like a job for MonkeyProof!!! We can do it at the same time we are doing my brothers Lockers!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
That looks like a job for MonkeyProof!!! We can do it at the same time we are doing my brothers Lockers!
might as well when we get the 3rd member back in! do it all at the same time.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
might as well when we get the 3rd member back in! do it all at the same time.
I told my bro to use his ViAir but he was to scared...he bought the ARB Compressor instead!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
is there no on/off switch with this pump?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATacoRider View Post
is there no on/off switch with this pump?
Yes. its on the side