Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Any Trails in Western North Carolina

Old 01-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
d4mcclen is on a distinguished road
d4mcclen's Tacoma Gallery
Any Trails in Western North Carolina

If anyone could suggest some trails in western NC that are worth exploring, I would love to know where I should go. Please enlighten me.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
yeah id love to go ride around somewere around here but everywhere i go i get bitched at.......
Old 01-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
ScreamingEagle101 is on a distinguished road

Army: SSG Ret., 506th Infantry, 101st Airborne Division
ScreamingEagle101's Tacoma Gallery
Just started a new thread asking the same question. You guys ever find anything worth exploring? I'm located in Boone and the local options seem very limited.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.trails.com/stateactivity.aspx?area=15135 this site looks pretty good

I'm pretty bummed out that there is nothing that shows up in Canada though... I can't seem to find any half decent trails where I'm at either.

Joining a 4x4 club would probably be really good too they would obviously know the good spots.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
ScreamingEagle101 is on a distinguished road

Army: SSG Ret., 506th Infantry, 101st Airborne Division
ScreamingEagle101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
http://www.trails.com/stateactivity.aspx?area=15135 this site looks pretty good

I'm pretty bummed out that there is nothing that shows up in Canada though... I can't seem to find any half decent trails where I'm at either.

Joining a 4x4 club would probably be really good too they would obviously know the good spots.
Awesome!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #6
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
Make your own trails!! I am in need of some trails here in NC. I want to do some overlanding/camping adventures in NC but i'm not sure where I could do that at.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #7
worm09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
worm09's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I live in western north carolina as well amd would like to know of some places to go as well. There is this one place called Brown Mountain. I haven't taken mine yet because it is shut down for the winter. Its 5 bucks for a day pass. I usually ride dirt bikes there but you can take trucks in there as well. I plan on taking mine once they open back up. I plan to have my lift and stuff on before I go, but we will just see!!! If y'all know of any more post them up!!!!! Here is a link about it!!
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_3f30.htm
Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm09 View Post
Hey guys I live in western north carolina as well amd would like to know of some places to go as well. There is this one place called Brown Mountain. I haven't taken mine yet because it is shut down for the winter. Its 5 bucks for a day pass. I usually ride dirt bikes there but you can take trucks in there as well. I plan on taking mine once they open back up. I plan to have my lift and stuff on before I go, but we will just see!!! If y'all know of any more post them up!!!!! Here is a link about it!!
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_3f30.htm
Thanks for the lead, i'll have to check that out this spring.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #9
US Patriot
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
Of course there is always Uhwarrie but I get jealous of the west coast guys who have such great terrain to travel on.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #10
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Did a quick google search as i was also interested and found this!

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php...g-places.6882/

Plenty of places in here! besides these main places your best bet is to talk around, find a local 4x4 group and ask them!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #11
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
While not necessarily western NC, the places we go to from the Charlotte area are

Uwharrie National Forest - Troy, NC
Gulches OHV Park - Laurens, SC
The Flats - Marion, NC
Richland Road - Lenoir, NC
Potts Mountain Jeep Trail - Covington, VA
Windrock/Coal Creek OHV Park - Oliver Springs, TN