Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overdrive in low range

Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #21
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
X2

Is that true ?
Yes. I have done it in Moab. Doesn't shift into overdrive. I know first gens do it too. Might not even shift out of 2nd on 1st gens actually, but for them there is a fuse they can pull to fix that. Kind of doubt that will work on 2nd gens though. Much more electronic.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #22
holapalli is on a distinguished road

Name: PALL
holapalli's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the tires are 39,5". When driving in deep snow we usually use 4lo so its good to have little bit more speed. Also i have two transfer cases to go extra slow in big hills, deep slush and powder. The most diffrens will be between 4LLOW 4 and 4LLOW OD.
I think I only have to cut the black and yellow wire from the case to driving computer so i can go up to OD in low range, but I will try it next weekend and let you now.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #23
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
You're not just in low, you get what we call stupid low
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #24
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I've gone into 5th in 4lo with my manual trany.
The reason is I go 4lo when I hit the dirt since you cant go 4lo without stoping & you never know when you might need to go lower. I'll start in 2nd & go from there.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #25
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by holapalli View Post
Yes, the tires are 39,5". When driving in deep snow we usually use 4lo so its good to have little bit more speed. Also i have two transfer cases to go extra slow in big hills, deep slush and powder. The most diffrens will be between 4LLOW 4 and 4LLOW OD.
I think I only have to cut the black and yellow wire from the case to driving computer so i can go up to OD in low range, but I will try it next weekend and let you now.

Nice!! What all have you done to that thing? Artictrucks kit and some extra stuff or what? Look damn good man.

I have looked at the wiring diagram for the transfercase and what not, so I can't really say what will work. Sorry.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #26

Did you ever get this figured out?