Notices

Overdrive in low range

Old 12-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
holapalli is on a distinguished road

Name: PALL
holapalli's Tacoma Gallery
Overdrive in low range

Hello

How can i make a 2007 tacoma take overdrive in the low range (4low)?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by holapalli View Post
Hello

How can i make a 2007 tacoma take overdrive in the low range (4low)?
You can only use 4Lo when going really slow, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Looking Truck by the way.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
He means, when you are in 4lo, the auto tranny will only go to 4th, not 5th gear. He wants to bypass that.

I don't know if there is a way. The best way I could think of would be to trick the ECU into thinking you are in 4Hi, or 2wd when you are really in 4Lo, but that might be really hard to do, if even possible.

Also are you really on 39.5" tires?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
4hi 1st gear

Hey Brady, check out his avatar.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
4hi 1st gear

Hey Brady, check out his avatar.
Is there a way to make it bigger?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Don't think so. But looks liken some big meats. Arctic style.

I want full size pics...
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
5th gear is locked out in 4Lo? Gotta try this myself...
Old 12-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post

Also are you really on 39.5" tires?
Maybe he has (39) 5" tires heh heh
Old 12-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Don't think so. But looks liken some big meats. Arctic style.

I want full size pics...
and some specs! Has to be an SAS right? haha
Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe he bought it from ArcticTrucks.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
I am the one who knocks

Those arctic tacos are still ifs
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #14

That poor IFS... haha. I forgot they did those though. Was a while ago last I looked at that site.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you need to go that fast in low range?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
That poor IFS... haha. I forgot they did those though. Was a while ago last I looked at that site.
The Arctic Trucks Tacos have less IFS suspension travel than stock - they rely on tire flex.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The Arctic Trucks Tacos have less IFS suspension travel than stock - they rely on tire flex.
I was thinking more about the cv's trying to turn those 39.5's.... I imagine they are at least upgraded to some degree, or just aren't meant to see the abuse that crawling gives them.

EDIT: just checked and it made no mention of a cv upgrade.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
I am the one who knocks

cv's at the correct angle are plenty strong. and theyre not rock crawling. however they are jumping them...
Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
5th gear is locked out in 4Lo? Gotta try this myself...
X2

Is that true ?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #20

Quote:
cv's at the correct angle are plenty strong. and theyre not rock crawling. however they are jumping them...
The joints are probably fine, but I don't think the angle matters much for the shaft and I have seen people break more shafts than joints. Usually breaks inside the hub or the diff. Also rock crawling tends to get you in positions where one tire has to drive you, so yeah that would make more sense about popping cv's. If you pretty much have all 4 wheels driving at once the stress is spread out so each axle is only receiving a quarter of it.

I'd like to see more of this Artic kit. Wasn't super detailed, but I would like to know how they fit 38x15.5 tires on only a 1.5" suspension lift and a 2.5" body lift. Where I can still rub 33x10 tires on a 3" suspension lift with a 1" bodylift....

There are some guys on here that have cut the hell out of their fenders and all kinds of stuff just to fit 35's. Even 37's require some engine compartment components to be relocated due to the extreme amount of cutting required to prevent rubbing. Although again I guess, rock crawling causes more flex I guess. Just seems crazy though!