Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

2nd Gen Skid Plates

Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
213sleeper is on a distinguished road
213sleeper's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen Skid Plates

Hi guys. I've done some research and can't decide whats the best brand of skids? I'm interested in getting the most protection coverage and looking for some pics and input from others. BTW I have a 05 DCLB.

Thanks, in advance.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
I'm Interested in this as well.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless Fab. I'm maybe a little bias as Eric is my friend. None-the-less... I'll try to defend my position.

I think Eric makes a great line of skids. His t-case skid is definitely my favorite of all, lots of bends, lots of gussets -- BEEF. Most of the IFS skids and mid skids on the market are going to be similar but Eric's mids have less exposed bolts compared to some and is also available in aluminum. Eric's IFS skid is available in aluminum, 3/16 steel, or 1/4 steel. Most IFS skids are pretty similar, just check width as that alters coverage; and thickness/material type.

IFS 3/16 or 1/4 steel, or 1/4 aluminum
mid 3/16 or 1/4 aluminum
t-case 3/16

Dwreck, FamousFab, makes a nice IFS skid too, I like his gussets -- add a lot of strength, but Eric's is wider. Only IFS skid available. He's in Vegas, Eric is in Reno.

I've heard good things about bud built but I'm not sure I like how he sets up his IFS/mid. Kinda same story with ATO, everyone seems to like theirs but I've seen a couple guys post up bent t-case skids and I don't like the exposed bolts either. Also I think you'll have to go through 4xinnovations now as ATO just got bought out.

ATO seems to make a nice gas tank skid. I think bud does as well. Couldn't tell you much about either.

BAMF makes a couple nice skids for this and that you might want to check out as well.

Edit: few more things

All Pro makes skids as well, they're decent... with their t-case skid you don't have to re-route your exhaust cross over pipe, but they have no option if you want to and don't want the bucket hanging down. A lot of guys here rag on All Pro but they probably have the most skids out there because of the size of their company. Feel free to google or search here for more reviews.

Relentless Fab's t-case skid has an optional bucket that drops down to protect your cross over if you don't want to re-route it, or you can order it flat and re-route it.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
My truck with relentless mid and t-case and the IFS I made myself.

Forgot about Pelfrey but I'd still maintain Eric's covers more and is stronger. You'll pay tax too on Pelfrey's if you're a CA res, FWIW, which possibly negates shipping depending on how many skids you end up buying.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler with Pelfreybilt makes a set that is very nice.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...kidplates.html
Old 05-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #8
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
My truck with relentless mid and t-case and the IFS I made myself.

Forgot about Pelfrey but I'd still maintain Eric's covers more and is stronger. You'll pay tax too on Pelfrey's if you're a CA res, FWIW, which possibly negates shipping depending on how many skids you end up buying.
Thanks for this pic & the info. I like how this t-case skid looks! This thread makes me lean even more towards Relentless.