Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Day on Mt. Pilchuck

Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Day on Mt. Pilchuck

Mt. Pilchuck is in WA ST. It's about a 30 minute drive to the base from my house, another 30 or so to the top depending on conditions. It use to be a ski resort but they shut down years ago so there's a big parking lot up top. Popular place for Christmas tree cutters. There's a solid 2-3 feet at the top, the video is a little more than half way up. There are 2 gates that they start to close when the road becomes not passable, unsafe etc.

As you can see, it's still relatively easy to make it to the top (stock Cherokee) .. one more good snow and most of these guys wouldn't make it. Then it's a great place for an adventure, have a fire at the top, hot chocolate and sledding for the kids. Plus, great cell service from the parking lot, so relatively safe if anything were to happen.

http://youtu.be/UsxygXtI5yg

Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fun! How do the Hankooks handle the snow?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Honestly, they blew me away. I had Falken Wild Country's on last year and they were ok in the snow at best. I was really torn between the Hankook's and Duratrac's but my work commute, 80 miles of freeway round trip, won out. I was really impressed, several times I had to pull off into the shoulder into 2' or 30" of fresh power to let people by. Never had an issue. I got the Hankook's in February last year, used them in some light snow and ice around town but nothing like this.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I too was very impressed with my Hankook Dynapros in the snow (and all other conditions)... have had them for 27,000 miles now.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Recklessly tired

Yes, we all fit in the extended cab. Bought a weatherproof removeable truck box that we keep all the extra clothes, blankets, food, water and shovel etc. in. We could survive out of it for a week if we had to.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Honestly, they blew me away. I had Falken Wild Country's on last year and they were ok in the snow at best. I was really torn between the Hankook's and Duratrac's but my work commute, 80 miles of freeway round trip, won out. I was really impressed, several times I had to pull off into the shoulder into 2' or 30" of fresh power to let people by. Never had an issue. I got the Hankook's in February last year, used them in some light snow and ice around town but nothing like this.
Good to hear! I love mine, and for the price, I think they're pretty hard to beat