Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Installed my new bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #21
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
see you're gonna go with the M8000- thats a good winch. There was a deal on ebay where some shop was selling them like $475 shipped! Not sure if they're still on there though.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #22
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Took about three hours from start to finish. Wasn't too difficult, but there were no instructions (not like I need them ) but a couple of things had to be figured out.

Silverback recommended the Warn 8000 and I think I'm going to go with that one. I think it will do everything I need it to do and it's a Warn so it's dependable.
sweet deal...thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #23
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not seeing the deal from before but here's $499 shipped for the M8000 if you're interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Warn-...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #24
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Look awesome.

I love how you just pile all the parts and tools behind and next to the other cars around you. Hey....ur tacoma is always first!!!!!
Yep! I just have to make sure I clean up after myself so I don't get yelled at. Technically, I'm not supposed to be doing any "maintenance" on my vehicle in the garage. But I look at it as more of an enhancement than maintenance... But it's either do it this way or I'd have to do it outside in the 5* weather...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
Lookin good longhorn! What winch ya gonna get? What also skids- budbuilt?
Warn 8000 and Bud Builts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
oh how i remember working on my truck in an apt parking lot...people used to get pissed at me because id have my shit spread out all over the place...i hated every second of it
What's bothering me the most is the fact that I'm running out of places to put truck parts in my apartment! Not that I had extra room to begin with, but all the nooks and crannys are just about gone. (not that I could put the stock bumper in a nook OR cranny!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin101 View Post
Great job! Looks so much better!

Now update sig!!@#@$
Thanks! I'll update my sig pick as soon as I get another wheelin pic with the new bumper...
Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #25
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
try finding a place for an ARB front bumper, CBI rear bumper, and 4 tires in a 2 bedroom apt occupied by 3 people and a dog
Old 01-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #26
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[quote=xtreme450;360233]Not seeing the deal from before but here's $499 shipped for the M8000 if you're interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Warn-...ies[/quote]

Wow! Thanks for the link! I don't think I've seen it for much less than $900...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
try finding a place for an ARB front bumper, CBI rear bumper, and 4 tires in a 2 bedroom apt occupied by 3 people and a dog
When I replaced my tires, I had to leave them down in the garage in my parking space. Didn't take long before I got a little note on them saying they weren't allowed..... Sold them the next day.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #28
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When I replaced my tires, I had to leave them down in the garage in my parking space. Didn't take long before I got a little note on them saying they weren't allowed..... Sold them the next day.
i used to get phone calls and notes from the complex via my roommate about complaints...they never did anything though...just idle threats...and when i moved out they didnt ask for a lease breaking penalty fee or anything
Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #30
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
Quote:
Oh, forgot to mention...

Mad props to BOWnBUCKS for helping me out... Would have taken MUCH longer by myself!
It's alwys good to have a friend around.

The M8000 should be an excellent choice. My dad has had one for twenty years. It's outlasted three trucks now, and the only thing we had to do to it was replace the switch because we got lazy and let the mechanisms decay in the Arizona sun.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #31
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Good job bro!!!! Looks kick ass!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #32
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the new bumper looks really good the westin sport was cool but the all pro makes your truck look mean!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #34
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
You are a mod maniac! Congrats on the great looking bumper. I am going to be in Minneapolis in a few weeks. I would love to check out that sweet ride, weather permitting (unfortunately I will not have my taco )
Old 01-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
Braaaaap!
Motoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to behold

Name: Caleb
Motoknuckle's Tacoma Gallery
Sick.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 AM   #37
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
m8000 are pretty cheap, no need for much more, unless you are super OCD...

Allpro bumper is wayyy better bro.. not a big fan of brush guards, your ride looks good as hell now.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
m8000 are pretty cheap, no need for much more, unless you are super OCD...

Allpro bumper is wayyy better bro.. not a big fan of brush guards, your ride looks good as hell now.
Thanks dude! Brush guards aren't for everybody... I like the way they look, but they are almost completely useless for anything other than mounting lights...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #39

This may have gotten a little lost, but can someone shed a little light on this piece for me??

This is some sort of bracket and it has the threaded holes for the skid plate. I couldn't get the bumper to fit properly with these and the skid plates on so I removed them. They don't appear to do much other than provide a mounting place for the skid plate and protect the sway bar.

Products Discussed in this Thread