Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Installed my new bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #43
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
Is it ever gonna end?

Looks great!
Well, I haven't seen a light in the tunnel yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I give that two thumbs up. now you dont have to go around trees.
Or stack up rocks to get past obstacles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
THAT LOOKS GREAT!!!
I am so looking forward to doing mine.
THanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #45
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
that looks so much better, your truck is awesome.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #46
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Having always been a fan of plate type bumpers I think your truck looks really good now, it is kind of a shame that a company as big as allpro can't get the bolt holes lined up a little better though and atleast include install instructions with their product.

So when you get the winch installed are you going wire or synthetic rope?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #47
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Having always been a fan of plate type bumpers I think your truck looks really good now, it is kind of a shame that a company as big as allpro can't get the bolt holes lined up a little better though and atleast include install instructions with their product.

So when you get the winch installed are you going wire or synthetic rope?
Thanks! At first, I wasn't a fan of these. Just not the look I was going for. However, the look has really grown on me over the past couple of months, but more importantly, it's lighter and provides better front end clearance than most of the other bumpers out there. And, it's cheaper!!

I'm new to winching (and offroading for that matter) so I have no experience with either, but I've heard that synthetic rope is lighter and safer than the normal cable, so that's what I had planned to get. Can you make any recommendations?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #48
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #49
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I dont remember ever seeing those pieces... I dont know if I even had them
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #50
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
that would explain it!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Dont throw them away. You will need to cut them back a little to make them fit with the AP bumper. And if you go with AP skids you won't need them. BUT, BudBuilt skids attach to them. I threw mine away and had to buy them again. A $150 mistake. Whoops.
I was waiting for you to weigh in! Thanks for the tip...

So, do I just take an angle grinder to the edges that dropped down (causing the fitment issue) to make it clear? And while I'm waiting for the Bud Builts, can the factory skid plate stay on? I don't see how...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #52
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
No offense but I personally liked the look before. I like it now too, but I think it looked better before.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #54
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh yeah much more aggressive. Do you have any plans of getting a winch your new one?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #56

What kind are you thinking you are going to get? I can see why you switched now. You need a bumper like that in order run a winch. Congrats. Keep us updated with those pictures.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #58
djs05tacoma will become famous soon enough

djs05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks awesome. Good choice on the winch. The only problem I've ever had with my warn winch was that it made me a little too confident a time or two and even with the winch had to dig & stack a little, but thats what wheelin is all about right.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #59
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap that looks awesome dude!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #60
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
I just finished putting mine together 5 minutes ago, its sitting in the living room. What are the two metal plates with the tap welds on them?

Products Discussed in this Thread