Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Installed my new bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my new bumper

Got my All Pro bumper in today and got it installed!

In case you forgot what my truck looked like before :

Here's the bumper assembled... Silver07taco, you were right - not all the holes line up that great and it has to be manhandled to make them fit. In fact, there were two bolts that I couldn't even get close!

Installed before the lights

Now, with the lights. I just used a couple of the Hellas I had on the brush guard for now, but I plan to get some 8" IPFs.

I was actually a little amazed at how many parts had to come off that won't go back on... But there is one that I was wondering about...

This is some sort of bracket and it has the threaded holes for the skid plate. I couldn't get the bumper to fit properly with these and the skid plates on so I removed them. They don't appear to do much other than provide a mounting place for the skid plate and protect the sway bar. Can someone shed some light for me??
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
dude...looks WAY better!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
sick!!!! if you dont mind me asking... how much did youpay
Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Very Nice!! My brother is picking up his All Pro bumper on Friday!! we should have it installed over the weekend!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Wow! Looks Great!!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
So, what are you trying to say?? It looked like crap before????

j/k...

Just over $1K shipped with the light bar.
no it definately looked good before but now you have beef to go with the flame broiled taste
Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
looks good!! how long did it take? was it straight forward? dtruijillo is pickiing up one tomorrow and i'll be picking mine up in a week or two.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #9
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
ya man it loooks ssooooo sick
Old 01-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
no it definately looked good before but now you have beef to go with the flame broiled taste
Nicely put!

I mentioned this somewhere else before, but since I went wheelin with Silverback in Texas, I'm much less interested in making it look good - now want to make it wheel good!

The winch and full skids should be done in the next month or so....
Old 01-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Nicely put!

I mentioned this somewhere else before, but since I went wheelin with Silverback in Texas, I'm much less interested in making it look good - now want to make it wheel good!

funny how that happens huh?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nicely put!

what winch are going going to go with?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
Texan
MudontheTires is on a distinguished road

MudontheTires's Tacoma Gallery
looked great before, but now it's even better haha
Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #14
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
looks good!! how long did it take? was it straight forward? dtruijillo is pickiing up one tomorrow and i'll be picking mine up in a week or two.
Sweet Deal Tom! I didn't know you were going to get one! It's going to look sick on your truck as well!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #15
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
Sweet Deal Tom! I didn't know you were going to get one! It's going to look sick on your truck as well!
yeah, i decided on the AllPro as well...not overbuilt but under built either. shall meet my needs perfectly!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Took about three hours from start to finish. Wasn't too difficult, but there were no instructions (not like I need them ) but a couple of things had to be figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
ya man it loooks ssooooo sick
Thanks!

Quote:
what winch are going going to go with?
Silverback recommended the Warn 8000 and I think I'm going to go with that one. I think it will do everything I need it to do and it's a Warn so it's dependable.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good longhorn! What winch ya gonna get? What skids too- budbuilt?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

oh how i remember working on my truck in an apt parking lot...people used to get pissed at me because id have my shit spread out all over the place...i hated every second of it
Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #20
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Great job! Looks so much better!

Now update sig!!@#@$

Products Discussed in this Thread