Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Winch fairlead types ??

Old 01-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Winch fairlead types ??

I was looking at 4wheelparts.com and they had two Warn M8000s at about a $260 price difference. On their site I couldn't tell a difference other than weight and how many feet of line they can hold, but when I looked at Warn's site, they point out that they have different fairleads. One has a roller fairlead and the other has a hawse fairlead.

How does this make a difference and will one work with the All Pro bumper and the other not? Because the roller fairlead is about $260 cheaper than the one with the hawse fairlead...
Old 01-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
roller fairlead has big rollers on all 4 sides to help the line winch in.

Hawse fairlead dosent..Its just a plate with rounded edges.

Roller

Hawse

I dont see 260 for a fairlead..When I bought my MileMarker, they threw it and a 2000lb winch in for free!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
they both do
Old 01-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #7

Firefighter:
yup..it does. I had it on my 4runner, but it was a woods truck so didnt care..lol
Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #9

Firefighter:
hell go on ebay and buy a billet hawse for cheap
Old 01-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #10

Firefighter:
id get vagina lips
Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Just in case nobody mentioned it already...

You don't want a roller fairlead with synthetic line. The synthetic line can get pinched inbetween the rollers.

And - if you're running wire rope and you want to change to synthetic, get a totally new fairlead before using synthetic rope. When you run something with wire rope, the fairlead gets all chewed up with sharp edges. Those sharp edges can ruin your synthetic rope.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
I have the roller on mine it stick out a little bit but it works.

Kind of see it here