Notices

Air compressors

Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Bisop is on a distinguished road

Navy: Machinist mate
Name: Andrew
Bisop's Tacoma Gallery
Air compressors

What kind of air compressors does everyone use when off roading?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I use an MV50.

Works great for the price.

I have 31" tires btw
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/viair.htm

On-Board air, or there are also portable compressors.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 2nd Lt @TBS
Name: Nick
Strautins's Tacoma Gallery
I have an ARB compressor mounted under the hood that I use to air up after offroading
Old 12-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I use a portable home compressor that I plug into bed outlet.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I got the big smittybuilt. It works great for airing up. 265/75r16 from 15 to 40 psi in under 2 minutes a tire. Filling up a small tank is very fast from 1 - 70 psi, but slows substabtially 90 - 115. Over all a good deql since i paid $125 for it.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
Bisop is on a distinguished road

Navy: Machinist mate
Name: Andrew
Bisop's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I need to pick one today to put on my Christmas list. I think I'll end up going with the Viair 300p.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisop View Post
Thanks guys. I need to pick one today to put on my Christmas list. I think I'll end up going with the Viair 300p.
Good choice....it's been a great little portable compressor with 1 small drawback. It has alligator clamps to attach to the battery, and that cable is kinda short, when airing up I can only reach 3 tires. I intend to take my compressor to an electrical company and see if they can splice 3 - 4 feet of cable on there so I can easily reach all 4 tires.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
I intend to take my compressor to an electrical company and see if they can splice 3 - 4 feet of cable on there so I can easily reach all 4 tires.
You can prolly do it yourself. Home depot should have the stuff you need.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
C02 FTW! 33's filled from 15psi to 35psi in 15 to 18sec OBA is too slow for me and I can run air tools with no waiting at a full 90psi
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Been eyeing this.........
Attached Thumbnails
Air compressors-ckmt121.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
since you've already picked a compressor, i'll just ad this as a little trick that makes airing up a lot easier.

a great little system to fill up all of your tires at the same time, and to the same pressure (no need to extend wires either) is to use a multiport manifold and multiple clip-on chucks.

you can run hoses to each tire and the chuck clips on, so all you have to do is turn off the compressor once the correct pressure is reached. (make sure not to exceed your duty cycle)

allows you to run hoses to one or all tires vvvv

clips on to the valve stem for hands free airing up vvvv
Old 12-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #14
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
C02 FTW! 33's filled from 15psi to 35psi in 15 to 18sec OBA is too slow for me and I can run air tools with no waiting at a full 90psi
It's a beautiful thing! you can build your own for about $200 as well if you take your time gathering parts.

only system i've ever seen fill tires faster than the CO2, was a massive belt driven compressor on an older land rover. he filled all 4 of my tires with a 4-way fill setup like i mentioned above, and filled his onboard tank, faster than CO2. crazy CFM