Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Most remote place you have gone?

Old 12-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Most remote place you have gone?

I just got my Tacoma in November. I am planning on visiting several remote towns this next summer. Jarbridge, NV and Yellow Pine, ID come to mind. Im interested in your remote trips. Specifically ones located in the north west.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
rawdog has a spectacular aura aboutrawdog has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
rawdog's Tacoma Gallery
Does Canada Count? haha

Are you talking remote towns only or remote like.. hours from any sort of civilization?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Remote towns/ghost towns. Like for example Jarbidge is 80+ miles away from any paved road.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
How about anywhere in wyoming?
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
If you are talking about remote locations by truck.
This is out by my favorite camping spot. Id say a few miles up but this was an old mining/ forest road blown out of the side of the mountains. We had to climb over trees, big piles of loose shale, rocks and huge plots of snow. Also it was maybe 2 am with only my truck. I had to stop and look because at one spot the road wasnt really there, when I got out all you could hear was a water fall maybe 200 feet down into shear blackness. The realization of what we were doing finally hit and we decided the safest bet was to go back down. I dont have any pics ( cause it was dark).
Nordegg AB.

If your talking just remote locations.
Clyde river, NU
sorry bout not having pics.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
Let's see, 30 minutes out a secondary road, then down a dirt road for about20 minutes then a 30 minute ride up and old logging road, chasing a moose part of the way, finally a careful 30 minute crawl up a dry creek bed. Then there was still the 20 minute walk to the remote lake but a couple nice lake trout made up for it. Of course up here in the north you are already pretty remote before you start.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magog45 View Post
Let's see, 30 minutes out a secondary road, then down a dirt road for about20 minutes then a 30 minute ride up and old logging road, chasing a moose part of the way, finally a careful 30 minute crawl up a dry creek bed. Then there was still the 20 minute walk to the remote lake but a couple nice lake trout made up for it. Of course up here in the north you are already pretty remote before you start.
Where abouts?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Drive through the community of Robb, Alberta, then hit the old mining roads that are no longer used, there grown over pretty good but you can still get through
Old 12-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy27 View Post
I just got my Tacoma in November. I am planning on visiting several remote towns this next summer. Jarbridge, NV and Yellow Pine, ID come to mind. Im interested in your remote trips. Specifically ones located in the north west.
JarbIdge, it is a town though, and it's only like 45 miles to Wild Horse. Haven't made it up there yet, but been meaning to. Pretty much all my adventures are like that. Glad I live in NV and born in WY.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
bzwarts is on a distinguished road

Name: brad
bzwarts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
Does Canada Count? haha

Are you talking remote towns only or remote like.. hours from any sort of civilization?
funny. farthest ive been is a power line clearance from north bay onwards. not as far as i would like but better than nothing

Old 12-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #11

Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
JarbIdge, it is a town though, and it's only like 45 miles to Wild Horse. Haven't made it up there yet, but been meaning to. Pretty much all my adventures are like that. Glad I live in NV and born in WY.
Have you been to the Idaho/Nevada line? That is very remote country. My first "expo" trip was actually to Atlanta, ID in my friends reg cab Tacoma. Learned a good lesson from that trip. Tacoma bench seats fucking suck!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Jackman, Maine. It's pretty damned remote.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy27 View Post
Have you been to the Idaho/Nevada line? That is very remote country. My first "expo" trip was actually to Atlanta, ID in my friends reg cab Tacoma. Learned a good lesson from that trip. Tacoma bench seats fucking suck!
Just at Jackpot.

Yeah, it is though. Don't forget about those poor Canadians.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ody-found.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4582667/
Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #14

Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Thats where I found out about the place.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Hehehe and you found your way back ??
Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Easier to snowmobile there then drive except in July.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
me and my best buddy (passed away last year) went on a 30 000k trip over 5 months 4 years ago, started in grande cache alberta went all the way down to san ysidro and back up to fort st-john, camped almost every night over the entire trip, we have seen some amazing places and some really remote spots, here are a few pics

and thats my buddy RIP

i cant name the places cause we went to so many and i dont remember but definetly a life changing experience!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm

Visited several camp sites and lakes outside of Anahim Lake B.C. hours of driving without seeing a house or vehicle. Hotnarko Lake being one.

That's where I saw the biggest Grizzly I've ever seen ... head was amazing.