Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Wintertime emergency kit

Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Wintertime emergency kit

What do you guys carry in your truck as an emergency kit during cold and snowy months? It doesn't snow where I live but recently I have started thinking about going to snow areas and I always hear about vehicles being stuck overnight on snowed in highways, so I want to be prepared. I have:

-A basic tool kit with jumpers and flares
-First Aid kit
-Bag of trail food like granola bars
-Several bottles of water
-Gas can
-Tow strap
-Hatchet
-Flashlights
-Gloves
-Sleeping bag
-100 ft of strong rope
-Walkie talkies
-CB/police scanner in truck
-Fire extinguisher
-Chains

What's missing?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Whisky. Water freezes.
Also candles, gravel or kitty litter and a flesh lite.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Whisky. Water freezes.
Also candles, gravel or kitty litter and a flesh lite.
Whiskey, candles and a flesh lite? Some kind of kinky ritual you got there...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidro_el_pirata View Post
What do you guys carry in your truck as an emergency kit during cold and snowy months? It doesn't snow where I live but recently I have started thinking about going to snow areas and I always hear about vehicles being stuck overnight on snowed in highways, so I want to be prepared. I have:

-A basic tool kit with jumpers and flares
-First Aid kit
-Bag of trail food like granola bars
-Several bottles of water
-Gas can
-Tow strap
-Hatchet
-Flashlights
-Gloves
-Sleeping bag
-100 ft of strong rope
-Walkie talkies
-CB/police scanner in truck
-Fire extinguisher

What's missing?
I always like jerky and i have some 12v heating blankets in my truck for hunting they get hot quick and dont use too much power so if you needed to warm up they would work great. Also have a small single burner coleman stove and a small pot to go on top for chili or soup.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #6
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Whiskey, candles and a flesh lite? Some kind of kinky ritual you got there...
It gets cold and snowy here a lot.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
the colder the kinkier...glad I live in the south...
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Lol nice. So it sounds like I'm pretty set?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
yea pretty much.. I do like the kitty litter idea but never used it and wouldn't hurt to have a few pieces of wood if not max trax ( they are expensive) and also an axe and shovel...
Old 01-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
in north jersey our winters are not anything crazy, but i do carry all the time...

-first aid kit
-heavy duty blanket, for me to lay down on and/or keep me warm
-dozen flares
-seatbelt cutter/window punch
-snowbrush
-ice scrapper
-SnoBrum
-gloves
-100 foot of rope
-tow strap
-fire extinguisher
-flashlights
-DOT emergency response HAZMAT book (what those 4 numbers are on the sides of the trucks)
-small snow shovel
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
VA6DCO

I always carry the hot pocket hand warmers. Open them up and play with them to make them hot. Great item in a small package and cheap.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #12
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Coleman catalytic heater..can be safely used indoors or inside the cab of the truck..

Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #13

Yes I have chains too. Adding those to my list up front for reference
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Coleman catalytic heater..can be safely used indoors or inside the cab of the truck..

I bought a little buddy and it shit out after two uses so I took it back. Heard really good things about them too. :/

These any good?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 AM   #15
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i donít have much. i have what i had this summer. but iím going to throw our old army trench shovel in and maybe a few other things this week, leaving sat for NY 653. idk if we will hit snow or not. temps look a little to warm, but you never know itís still a week away.(Iím hoping for a big ass snow storm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
the colder the kinkier...glad I live in the south...
donít be a bitch.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I bought a little buddy and it shit out after two uses so I took it back. Heard really good things about them too. :/

These any good?
They work great! Have about a season of use on mine with no problems..
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
VA6DCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post

Would this be safe in a tent?
Old 01-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #19
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Would this be safe in a tent?
Yes..safe for tents as well
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #20
VA6DCO

Ill be looking.