Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

2 Log Winching

Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
2 Log Winching

Thought this was interesting if one was ever stuck with out a winch and or help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKC6z24ZgqI
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Rainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0331/1391
Rainman998's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty cool
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to see if that actually works with a stuck truck. A free rolling ATV can be pushed by hand, I wonder if you could get enough leverage to get a truck out of a mud pit.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
What an excellent idea. Thanks for sharing that Cypher!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Nice little trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I would love to see if that actually works with a stuck truck. A free rolling ATV can be pushed by hand, I wonder if you could get enough leverage to get a truck out of a mud pit.
I would think that you could do it if it was a live or die situation. Wouldn't be something to count on if you didn't absolutely have to. Lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I would think that you could do it if it was a live or die situation. Wouldn't be something to count on if you didn't absolutely have to. Lol.
That's what I'm wondering. If it came right down to it, would you actually be able to get enough leverage to winch out a stuck truck. A truck dug into a pit of heavy mud down to the frame rails takes a LOT of pull to free up. Just wondering if you'd be able to get enough ass behind it to pull it free. Keep in mind a rope that is strong enough to do that kind of pull will be a lot thicker than what was used in the video. I'd worry about losing my footing when flipping the winch log and having it flop back on my. There'd be a lot of tension on that line during a recovery, I don't think you'd get it done by hand recovering a truck.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand why the winch logs don't act like a giant rat trap , aren't you essentially winding up a spring ?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I don't understand why the winch logs don't act like a giant rat trap , aren't you essentially winding up a spring ?
That's exactly what I was talking about. One slip and WHACK, you're flat on your back and essentially just clubbed the shit out of yourself.