Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Warn M8274

Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
dylanjbegin is on a distinguished road
dylanjbegin's Tacoma Gallery
Warn M8274

Hey guys looking for some input on a winch purchase. Iv found a Warn M8274 winch for sale for $300, unfortunately it is in pieces and i have yet to see pictures of the beast. Just wondering if you could give me a heads up if this could potentially be a score or is this pretty common. I dont think id have too much of a problem putting it back together as long as all the parts are there.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
That's a hella score if it can be reassembled.

One of the fastest (if not THE fastest) line speeds out there. It's also one of the physically coolest running winches out there. Great drum capacity and a very desirable winch.

I don't know if it will fit in any of the available aftermarket bumpers for our trucks though. It's quite a bit taller than other winches that do fit.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
The 8274 is hands down one of the very best winches on the market. I ran one for years and did a lot of winching with it on my FJ40. That price is great, but it's not going to fit on a Tacoma unless you have a bumper that sticks way out in front, and/or you cut your grill to it will fit. It will probably need both a huge bumper and a lot of cutting.